Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
25 - 50%
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team:
As a member of the Professional Services team, this position plays a key role in the success of customer implementations of the Optimist product. Optimist is a risk and compliance tool that commercial banks use to spread financials and generate risk grades when evaluating whether to lend to borrowers.
About the role:
The Technical Lead is responsible for the overall technical solution delivered to the client. The Technical Lead will work with customers to elicit, analyze, communicate and document and validate technical requirements. They will translate these requirements into technical design specifications. After specifications are complete, the Technical Lead is responsible for working with the project manager and team of consultant to ensure the intended solution is implemented and delivered.
What you will be doing?
- Provide consulting and support to clients on all technical aspects of the system.
- Scope and size work effort, identify risks and work with project manager to identify create project schedules.
- Assist customer with environment architecture planning and setup, installations, performance testing and system tuning.
- Analyze technical needs, document technical requirements, and translation into proper system requirement and design specifications.
- Guide the customer in implementation best practices and manage customer expectations to ensure their success in the project.
- Train internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- Isolate and resolve complex issues using appropriate tools.
- Build real time and batch integrations using file import/export, web services and other approaches
- Liaise with other internal groups such as development staff and support teams.
- Conduct application quality tests and peer reviews.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years' experience
- End-to-end software implementation experience (preferably at a software vendor).
- Understands the full IT project life cycle from requirements gathering through implementation and go live.
- Understands principals of multiple application development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors).
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills.
- In-Depth knowledge on C# .Net, ADO.net, SOAP, REST, Web-API, IIS, SQL Server BI Suite, and Python. Familiarity of other Web-Service practices .Net/Java
- Understanding of system design considerations for Web applications
- Hands on experience on Clean coding practices, SOLID principles
- Sound experience in using and configuring relational databases (e.g. MS SQL Server, Oracle)
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.