Operations / SRE Engineer at Paxful (Remote)
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for an Operations Engineer who will manage production incidents to join our Marketplace Team. This role will to be responsible for product releases support and maintenance. You will be based out of Russia and report to our Director, Engineering.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Manage production incidents, organize RCAs, identify and resolve common issues impacting service operation
- Make code changes, fix bugs in the product code and issue updates
- Write auto tests to extend test coverage based on operations statistics and data, etc.
- Provide L2/L3 support for services provided to end-users - troubleshooting, resolving issues, RCA, software updates, etc.)
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
- Knowledge in Kubernetes
- Technical support background / commercial experience
- Basic skills in software development
- Experience working in technical support
- Experience in troubleshooting, performing RCA & incident management
- Good English skills
- Good Communication skills
What We Offer
- Working at a fast-growing, innovative company
- Competitive salary, bonuses and annual salary indexing
- Flexible working hours and co-working space in the City centre
- Company provide laptop and additional equipment
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.