AWL (All Web Leads, Inc.) is one of the most successful customer acquisition marketing companies in the US. Simply put, we help our customers acquire customers. Today, we do this for the US insurance industry. Our amazing team of over 1,000 talented and successful professionals uses Internet marketing to turn consumer interest in insurance products into policy sales for the world’s largest insurance carriers and more than 30,000 of their agents. We are Austin-born and our growth from a 2-person startup in 2005 to a highly profitable business has been remarkable. We are a tight-knit team with a fast paced, energetic, and entrepreneurial company culture that has been ranked a Best Place to Work in Austin for 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021. We provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, and a fabulous, fun, collaborative environment that allows our people to be their best.
As an Operations Engineer at All Web Leads, you will be responsible for ensuring continuous business operations and helping us scale a rapidly growing business through ownership of our infrastructure, software, monitoring, and associated systems. You’ll be part of a highly agile team and will be exposed to a variety of challenges and opportunities, including opportunities in Virtualization, Multiple Datacenters, and Cloud Computing technologies that facilitate a highly available environment. To be successful one must apply proven collaboration, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues within a complex system that is highly driven by analytics and metrics. The Operations Engineer position is exposed to all aspects of our business and infrastructure, so if you are motivated to learn new things and go beyond what you know today, this may be the right position for you!
- Provide installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Ensure the correct design, implementation, and scalability of systems that must operate in a Highly Available manner.
- Perform daily system monitoring, assist in problem root cause determination across a variety of systems
- Perform ongoing maintenance, performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Implement automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Manage distributed infrastructure across multiple physical datacenters on a highly virtualized stack running VMWare Enterprise.
- Manage networking across multiple datacenters, Amazon Web Services, and location-diverse technical integrations.
- Familiarity with application critical SQL databases running under a 24/7/365 environment.
- Troubleshooting of Windows OS, Linux and associated server side services and applications.
- Operate, configure and trouble shoot a variety of systems, IE – Windows, Linux, F5, and Cisco
- Provide 24x7 support by participating in an on-call rotation
- Participate in a highly collaborative cross functional environment
- 2+ years of experience as a systems administrator, network administrator, or Dev/Ops engineer
- Experience in Virtualized environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
- Experience administering Windows and Linux Systems
- Experience working in environments that demand high uptime.
- Networking knowledge: Production and non-production networks, network design, network troubleshooting
- Experience with Enterprise level monitoring tools – Cacti, Nagios, Grafana, Prometheus, MRTG
- Experience with scripting and/or writing code to facilitate and automate functions.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- A “never give up” attitude, a desire to dig in deeper, and a strong sense of responsibility.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience administering, deploying, supporting, and debugging mission critical database infrastructure (MySQL, MSSQL, or Oracle)
- Experience designing and maintaining Highly Available infrastructure
- Certification(s) with Amazon Web Services and multi-region configuration and deployment
- Certification(s) with VMWare
- Certification(s) with Cisco Network and Blade infrastructure
- Certification(s) with F5 Network equipment
- Experience with configuration management and associated deployment methods (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with implementing and/or configuring monitoring infrastructure tools (Nagios/Cacti/Telegraf/InfluxDB/Grafana)
- Windows Network administration and security
- Cybersecurity (client side, server side, and/or network)