Operations Engineer at John Deere (Des Moines, IA)
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Urbandale
Function: Technology (CA)
Title: Operations Engineer - 90496
As an Operations Engineerfor Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG)located in Milan, IL or Urbandale, IA, you will....
- Engage in Agile software development activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives and hackathons
- Collaborate with team members to define product requirements and implementation
- Support a culture of software crafting best practices, including Test Automation, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Work with individuals on your team to follow established coding standards, workflow, or tool standard
- Troubleshoot ISG Applications, Infrastructure, and Networks in the Cloud
What Skills You Need
- AWS Certified Developer and/or Solutions Architect (Associate)
- 3 or more years of experience supporting ISG Applications
- 3 or more years of experience creating scripts/automation to monitor and manage AWS Accounts
- 3 or more years of experience with Amazon Web Services [ECS, S3, ES, Lambda, ELB]
- 4 or more years of experience in application development or scripting (python)
- 2 or more years of experience with Drone CI/CD; TDD; Docker
- 2 or more years of experience with Elastic Search administration and usage
- 3 or more years of experience in roles that required strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 1 or more years of experience with FinOps at AWS
What Makes You Stand Out
- Understanding of Chaos Engineering
- Experience with Elastic Heartbeat
- Experience in roles that required strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- 4 or more years of experience analyzing applications and identifying root cause, including on-call support 24x7 support)
- Experience with applications development environment, database, data administration and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Master's degree in an Engineering, Science or Technology related discipline
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Science or Technology related discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.