Mythic has developed a unified hardware and software platform featuring its unique Mythic Analog Compute Engine (Mythic ACE™) to deliver revolutionary power, cost, and performance that shatters digital barriers preventing AI innovation at the edge. The Mythic Analog Matrix Processor (Mythic AMP™) makes it much easier and more affordable to deploy powerful AI solutions, from the data center to the edge device. The company has raised over $165.2 million to date, has over 120 employees, and has offices in Redwood City, CA, and Austin, TX.
About the role:
The NVM design team is responsible for designing all of the NVM-related blocks of Mythic’s AI chip. Mythic products require very high quality, high performance, and low power Non-Volatile Memory design. Working as an NVM designer, you will be involved in defining the new architecture and NVM chip operation to support the AI system applications. The NVM design team also works with the analog design team, the layout team, the logic design team, the firmware team, the post-silicon testing team, and others.
Here's what you will do:
- Participate in design and verification of complete IP macros for Mythic's NVM-based product architecture, utilizing the available NVM technologies from foundries
- Participate in the design of NVM grid architecture for optimum performance and area
- Design and verify novel circuits to handshake with the analog computation blocks
- Optimize and verify high voltage generator blocks
- Verify functional blocks interfacing with the NVM design
- Work closely with validation engineers to expedite the silicon bring up and evaluation process
- Work closely with backend teams for the production qualification releases
Here's the background we hope you have:
- Hands-on experience in NVM embedded or product design and verification
- Familiar with all memory circuit block design: decoder, high voltage switches, charge pumps, HV and LV regulator, bandgap, high-performance low-power sense amp
- Good understanding & knowledge of semiconductor device physics and advanced process technology
- Fluent in scripting languages such as Python and all major CAD tools: SPICE, Verilog simulation software
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work well across multi-functional teams
- Experienced in layout supervision, chip planning, silicon debugging
- Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
- Ph.D. or MS degree in EE or related
- 3+ years of industrial experience in IC design engineering
The following would be nice to have, but is not required:
- Experience working at startups
- Experience in process integration, semiconductor reliability, and product qualification of NVM technology
- Experience with Emerging Non-volatile Memory Technologies such as ReRAM, MRAM, and others
- Experience in cross-functional team development with a multi-technology foundry environment
At Mythic, we pride ourselves in creating a culture where all employees feel valued and appreciated for the diverse perspectives and backgrounds they bring to the team. We aim to hire smart people, give them the resources they need to do their job well, and then leave the rest up to them. We celebrate individual differences and encourage people to be comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. At the end of the day, we are committed to building a diverse workforce where everyone belongs.
Mythic is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to reviewing your application!