NSX Architect - Remote at AHEAD
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:31 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 2, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
At AHEAD, we prioritize creating a culture of belonging, where all perspectives and voices are represented, valued, respected, and heard. We create spaces to empower everyone to speak up, make change, and drive the culture at AHEAD.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate based on an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived.
We embrace all candidates that will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives at AHEAD.
We are currently looking to add a Network Architect specifically focused on NSX-T and integrating the platform with existing enterprise networks. The Network Architect will be responsible for helping our customers design, deploy and migrate their next-generation software-defined data centers, enterprise networks (WAN/LAN), and public cloud networks. The ideal candidate for this position will possess knowledge and experience in architecting, engineering, automating, and deploying networking solutions across these areas, with an emphasis on VMware NSX, VMWare on Cloud (AWS and Azure) and general data center and enterprise networking. The candidate should also possess strong consulting/interpersonal skills, an ability to lead discussions with clients and guide them to solutions, as well as a deep understanding the technical implications of business requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preform engagements, client workshops, and equipment installations
- Take the lead on technical escalations and drive incidents/problems until resolution utilizing advice and assistance from manufacturers and other team members as required
- Keep client stakeholders and project managers apprised of project status throughout the project life cycle with detailed and thorough communication
- Serve as the network/security subject matter expert in client workshops and engagements
- Develop a wide range of client assessment and design deliverables including written documents and precise low-level diagrams
- Develop level of effort documents and assist in the scoping of technical projects
- Constantly evolve technical skill sets with certifications, training, and conferences during free time based on business requirements
- Support and mentor less experienced team members through training sessions and on-the-job mentoring
- Represent AHEAD in a professional manner to clients, partners, and peers
- Track, maintain, and report travel and expense activities in accordance with AHEAD policies
- Track, maintain, and report weekly time in accordance with AHEAD policies
- At least one professional or expert level (preferred) industry certification (Examples include: CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure, VCIX-NV preferred)
- Advanced knowledge in general network security, data center networking and software defined networking in addition to specific NSX-T and network virtualization platform experience
- Degree in the Information Technology field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of consulting experience, or equivalent experience
- Experience working as a technical lead in small to medium sized technical networking projects
- Customer focused, and results driven
- Ability to work under critical conditions and influence others to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent presentation skills
- Professional communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be independent, self-motivated, a self-starter and possess a good working attitude
- Ability to work well within a team and partner environment, including mentoring and training other team members
Through our daily work and internal groups like Moving Women AHEAD and RISE AHEAD, we value and benefit from diversity of people, ideas, experience, and everything in between.
We fuel growth by stacking our office with top-notch technologies in a multi-million-dollar lab, by encouraging cross department training and development, sponsoring certifications and credentials for continued learning.
We understand that you have a life outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible paid time off, paid company holidays, and the ability for you to manage your work schedule as needed.
More Information on AHEAD
AHEAD operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL, Brentwood, TN and Atlanta, GA. AHEAD was founded in 2007. It has 1154 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 31 open jobs at AHEAD, click here.
Read Full Job Description