Customer service is broken — stuck in a time warp. As everything has evolved around it, the technology available to support the way businesses engage with customers has mostly stood still. The tools we have on the phones in our pockets are wildly superior to what’s available to us when we engage with our favorite brands. The truth that no one wants to say out loud is that Big Tech has held the customer experience hostage for decades with its giant servers, complex implementations, buried software and expensive contracts. And that’s just not ok with us.
So we founded Edify and built Huddle to seize the opportunity in the void. With customer experience being the final frontier in winning the hearts and dollars of consumers long-term, the brands who prevail are going to be the ones who have tools to do what no one else can. At last, there’s a more predictable, reliable, cost-effective, transparent, full-featured, cloud-native, easy-to-get-and-use, intuitive, accessible, genius single piece of software that’s changing everything.The time for employees to love work, and customers to love companies is here. And finally, so are the tools.
We are Edify. And we’re customers, too.
We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. The Node.js developer will also be responsible for developing and integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.Responsibilities
- Development and integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Maintaining the central database and the socket server.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Integration of backend API’s.
- All other duties assigned.
- 2 years of Node.js experience.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with Mysql.
- React and socket (socket io/socket cluster/websockets).
- Redis and Kafka experience.
- Working knowledge with Typescript.
At Edify, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For information about how we collect and use your personal information when you apply for one of our positions, please see our U.S. Job Applicant Privacy Notice.