Node Developer at Nexient (Columbus, OH)
| Columbus, OH
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:49 p.m. (CST) on Monday, April 18, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensures work is carried out using established processes, practices and procedures as directed
- Works on complex problems having broad impact that require in depth analysis and judgment to obtain results or solutions.
- Defines and documents business requirements for complex system development or testing.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Modifies and configures complex and broad applications/systems as specified in the requirements and/or technical design document.
- Identifies, analyzes and improves existing business processes within a department to meet new goals and objectives.
- Develops, implements, and approves guidelines and process documentation.
- Designs and deploys new complex Enterprise systems and enhancements to existing systems ensuring compatibility and inter-operability.
- Partners with various departments to understand and incorporate standards information and requirements into work procedures.
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools like React, Express, webpack
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, JSLint, JSHint, Jasmine
- Develop and enhance existing product web pages through templating practices.
- Ability to integrate and visualize data from existing sources at different latencies and volumes.
- Ability to apply design details from product design standards and templates.
- Ability to design and write scalable products in on premise, cloud and hybrid environments.
- Write and develop in a test driven pattern, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Ability to work across a team of web developers, data engineers, data scientists, and designers.
- Ability to effectively communicate product and design to end users.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models
- Familiarity with Application UX Designs
- Unix / Linux experience
- Hands on development of applications and services
- Experience in product development
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience as Developer, full-stack, 5 years
- Proficient in Angular/React, D3, Redux, NodeJS, nginx, Leaflet, Sass, and Plottable.
- Experience with integrating with GraphQL, and Jenkins
- Experience in product management
- Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Competency in anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
- Competency in relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Competency in developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Knowledge of interface design concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as applied to software, such as computers, mobile devices, and other electronic devices as needed to perform at the job level
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Master Degree Preferred
As a vital member of our Engineering Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 96 open jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description