This role is remote, with one required visit to your designated home office per quarter.
Remote option is available for employees located in the following states; AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, TN, WA, WV, and Washington D.C. (States subject to change at any time)
Home Office: Las Vegas, NV
With William Hill now a part of Caesars Entertainment, we plan to lead the pack by delivering products our customers love to use! As Caesars/William Hill, we operate sports betting in 18 U.S. jurisdictions and have partnerships with the biggest leagues and media companies in the country including, the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, ESPN, and CBS Sports. Marking a major milestone in American sports history, we opened the first-ever sports betting venue within a professional United States sports facility, the William Hill Sportsbook at the Capital One Arena in Washington D.C. Partnerships like this are positioning our business to skyrocket as sports betting continues to expand across the country and our customers get a taste of the action.
On the Technology side, we’ve built an entire sports betting and iGaming platform from the ground up in less than 3 years. Through continuous improvement and data-informed product development, we are adding features so that our customers have the best product experience in the market. Our Product Technology team is comprised of the brightest minds in Tech, and our culture of autonomy and decisiveness gives the team the freedom to deliver without constantly seeking permission to take action. We chart our own path and innovate as we create the next generation of products. We’re looking for like-minded superstars that want to work with the best of the best and join the biggest name in sports betting and iGaming as we take over the U.S. market!
When we say cutting edge, we mean it. Here, you can work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but…with the fun included.
You will have access to development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, and lunch and learn sessions. You will be part of a great working atmosphere, performing complex work in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward-thinking managers. You will have the opportunity to make an impact.
What You Will Do:
- Detect issues using monitoring and log aggression tools
- Report incidents in a timely manner, escalating as needed
- Author and maintain automation, health rules, and integration to allow Engineers to monitor multiple feeds of logs and performance data across multiple tech stacks
- Provide technical mentoring to members of the software support team
- Strive to find opportunities to improve monitoring effectiveness
- Read and follow documentation such as the Incident Reporting Plan
- Contribute to incident and problem documentation, especially KPIs, in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- 2 years of recent experience working in a NOC,
- Able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7/365 NOC environment
- Self-starter who is capable of working alone and in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Terraform and GitLab is a huge plus
- Proficient with multiple programs such as New Relic, Jira, Pager Duty, Slack, Splunk, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, computer science, or applicable area preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Successfully pass a background check, drug screen, and obtain gaming licenses in jurisdictions where deemed necessary by the business
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull or push 25lbs
- Must be able to type for extended periods of time
- Must be able to talk on the phone for extended periods of time
- Must be able to write for extended periods of time
- Must be able to twist, bend or reach with no significant boundaries
- This position will be exposed to sounds at 69 decibels
- Regular attendance in the office
- This position may be exposed to a smoke-filled environment
More About Us...
William Hill US, now part of Caesars Entertainment, currently operates sports betting in 18 US jurisdictions, an industry-leading 13 of which offer online sports betting. The combined companies have operations in The Bahamas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, and West Virginia. William Hill US is the licensed sports betting provider for numerous casinos in Mississippi and New Mexico and is the exclusive risk manager for the Delaware and Rhode Island sports lotteries. The combined companies have numerous league partnerships, including MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL, as well as national media partnerships with CBS Sports and ESPN. Marking a major milestone in American sports history, William Hill US opened the William Hill Sportsbook at Monumental Sports & Entertainment’s Capital One Arena in May 2021, becoming the first ever sports betting venue to open within a US professional sports facility.