Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As a New Graduate Software Engineer, you will be able to contribute to a wide variety of projects that power our business and assist our members with financial progress. We have a huge array of challenges spanning the front end to the back end - from building scalable systems to support new product features, creating new surfaces on mobile and web platforms, to managing the large amounts of data we need to unlock financial insights every single day. There's lots of opportunities for engineers who can come in and help us build for the future.
What you’ll do:
- You will contribute to important efforts including the build-out of new product features and development of new micro-services
- You will strengthen technical skills through mentorship and guidance from experienced engineers
- You will partner with other engineering teams to solve important business and technology problems
- You will identify ways to improve our technology and process
What’s great about the role:
- You will work on projects that really do influence a member's life and find options that they need for their goals, with high certainty!
- You will build features that allow the member to understand how to get the financial products that are right for them
- You will work on a growing team at Credit Karma in an impactful and complex domain
- You will contribute to explosive growth and improve our product portfolio
- You will improve the performance and scalability of services you own
- You will report to experienced engineering management
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in programming and experience in infrastructure/system administration
- Experience with multifaceted server-side language: JS, PHP, Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, Scala, or similar
- Experience working with some of the following: web application development, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, or security software development
- Love of web and mobile products
Benefits at Credit Karma includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)