Network Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales) - Upstate NY at Arista Networks (Remote)
What Will You Do?
Arista Networks is the pioneer and industry leader in the delivery of software-driven Cloud Networking and programmable switches for Data Center and Campus networks. We are experiencing tremendous growth and have an immediate need for a collaborative, self-motivated Pre-Sales Systems Engineer to partner with our Account teams to provide pre-sales technical systems engineering support for our enterprise/commercial customers in the Tristate area covering CT and NY.
The Systems Engineer is a critical component of the Arista Sales team with the key responsibility of acting as a trusted advisor for our customers to gather requirements and identify opportunities with existing and new customers.
- You will partner with the Arista Account Managers to understand customer pain points and conduct whiteboard network architectural reviews in addition to conducting Arista product presentations for Arista’s Open Networking Data Center and Cognitive Campus (including Wifi) networking solutions, CloudVision (Network
- Automation), Security (Network Detection), Endpoint Security and Real-time Fabric Monitoring solutions.
- You will architect, design, and propose Arista Data Center & Campus network solutions using leaf-spine architectures (VxLAN, EVPN) and network overlays to capture additional sales.
- Perform hands-on tests to validate customer proof-of-concept setups, Data Center and/or Campus network designs, and network deployments using new products and features
- Put together design guidelines and recommend improvements to customers for the networks they support
- Partner with Sales Team to respond to RFP/RFQs
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering
- Represent Arista at SDN and Open Networking industry events and conferences
- Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and services
- Author white papers on technology and product
Who are you?
- BS/CS/CE technical degree required
- Network Industry Certification preferred (e.g. CCIE (R&S), JNCIE)
- You possess a minimum of 5+ of L2/L3 networking design and implementation experience with a focus on Data Center, Campus, and Wif solutions.
- You possess recent experience in leaf-spine architecture design.
- Demonstrated work experience as either a Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect, Pre-Sales SE or Network Consulting Engineer preferred
- Expert knowledge in the following areas:
- Ethernet, RSTP/ MSTP, VLANs, IP Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, eBGP, VxLAN, Multicast, Spanning Tree, QoS
- Good understanding of the competitor technology landscape - Cisco, Juniper
- Expert level knowledge of industry-standard CLI
- Expereince with SDN and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) highly desired.
- Previous experience building network automation using Python and Ansible desired.
- Knowledge of competitive products, solutions, and services
- Ability to write white papers a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Where legally permitted, Arista requires all candidates for U.S.-based positions to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved accommodation under applicable law. Candidates anticipating seeking an exemption should contact Arista HR before their start date. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Arista's vaccination policy.