Network Security Engineer at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS' Managed IT services provide flexibility to financial institutions as their needs vary and evolve. Our experienced staff takes action to ensure your assets, systems and applications stay current and continuous. That's why organizations in financial services and other industries rely on our team of experts who are dedicated to information, network and internet security. The Border Protection team focuses on IT Security
What you will be doing:
As a Network Security Engineer, you will provide broad and deep expertise in network security to guide the most technical issues that confront the team.
- Manages Fortinet, Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls and Intrusion Prevention Systems. Implement, troubleshoot, and maintain security solutions.
- Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing programs.
- Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocol and recommends solutions. Maintains security systems and administers security policies to control access to systems.
- Maintains company firewall and utilizes applicable encryption methods.
- Creates information security documentation related to work area and completes requests in accordance with company requirements.
- Responds to information security-related questions and inquiries using established information security tools and procedures.
- Resolves and/or performs follow through to resolve all information security issues and questions.
- Implements and administers information security controls using software and vendor security systems.
- Identifies opportunities and executes plans to improve workflow and understands and quantifies business impacts of those improvements for communication to management.
- Interfaces with user community to understand security needs and implements procedures to accommodate them. Ensures that user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
- Provides status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of IT Security experience
- Experience working implementing cybersecurity solutions
- Experience working in a Managed Security Services environment
- Knowledge of networks technologies (protocols, design concepts, access control)
- Knowledge of security technologies (encryption, data protection, design, privilege access, etc.)
- Knowledge of network design and engineering
- Proficiency in time management, communications, decision making, presentation and organizational skills
- Proficiency in planning, reporting, establishing goals and objectives, standards, priorities and schedules
- Basic to intermediate decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Basic to intermediate verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees and/or clients
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
What we offer you:
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.