Network Operations Engineer - (Mobile) - Wireless Super Network (Remote) at Twilio
Join the team as our next Wireless Super Network - Network Operations Engineer.Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to help Twilio's Wireless business to scale. As part of the Wireless Super Network team that operates our connectivity to the mobile telecommunication networks, you will be involved in planning, implementing and maintaining partners for all wireless products. Working closely with the software engineers and product managers, you will be in an ideal position to drive the operational requirements of our systems.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Plan and maintain network integrations with mobile (network) operators.
- Configure and maintain monitoring systems.
- Drive operational excellence as part in the team’s on-call rotation.
- Implement connectivity to new partners.
- Work on the SIM card configuration for Super SIM.
- Support device teams in solving connectivity issues.
- Assist product owners and customers and follow device best practices.
- Own escalations to partners and internal.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Demonstrated track record of operational excellence on mobile networks.
- BS in electrical, computer engineering, systems engineering.
- 3+ years experience in a mobile service provider environment
- 3+ years experience working on integration projects.
- Experience with international carrier or mobile operators will be preferable
- Proficient working knowledge with telecom protocols (SS7, Diameter, GTP, SMPP, TCP/IP)
- Planning and configuring common monitoring metrics.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Experienced in testing network roaming capabilities.
- Knowledgeable working with common networking operating systems.
- Experienced working with multiple modems, IoT devices and smart-phones.
- Keen on automating repetitive tasks with scripting languages like Python.
This role will be based in our Berlin, Germany office.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.