Network Engineer III at ManTech (Hampton Roads, VA)
| Hampton Roads, VA
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:48 a.m. (CST) on Sunday, December 11, 2022
Secure our Nation, Ignite your FutureManTech is seeking a Network Engineer to support our operations in Norfolk, VA.Position Overview:
- Knowledge of the network standards, protocols, security, and applications; capabilities and applications of network equipment including hubs, routers, switches, bridges, firewalls, servers, transmission media, and related hardware; network architecture and infrastructure; local area and wide area networking principles and concepts including bandwidth management; network systems design, development, testing, installation, operations, management, and maintenance concepts and methods; standard DoD and Navy concepts, practices and procedures; and DoD 5000, CMMI, and ISO 9000.
- Familiarity with Navy training networks requirements is preferred.
- Ability to determine NCTE requirements in order to identify and resolve or minimize network bottlenecks that decrease performance and increase latency.
- Thought leader for team performing end-to-end lifecycle planning, design, installation, maintenance, and support for distributed networks used by M&S and C4I systems in support of LVC architecture similar to NCTE.
- Should have twelve (12) years' experience with a Master's degree, fifteen (15) years' experience with a Bachelor's degree or seventeen (17) years' experience with an Associate's degree in a supervisory or management position. This experience should show demonstrated leadership responsibility in development or maintenance of information networks.
- Should include experience in at least three (3) of the following: set-up, configuration and support of internal and external networks; identifying and analyzing systems requirements; developing and maintaining system applications and security; developing and maintaining network configurations; troubleshooting network performance issues; providing user support and guidance, recommending and implementing upgrades, patches, new applications and new equipment; developing and maintaining disaster recovery plans; ensuring proper documentation, coordination and maintenance of multiple systems.
- Master's degree (+12 years' experience), Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field (+15 years' experience), or Associate's degree (+17 years' experience) supporting Navy Training systems.
- Shall meet requirements with current baseline and Computing Environment/Operating System (CE/OS) certifications as needed for CISCO and Security+. Shall possess the necessary training, qualifications, and experience for the IAT-III level at a minimum in accordance with SECNAV M-5239.2 and DoD 8140/8570.
- Secret with TS/SCI Eligibility
More Information on ManTech
ManTech operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Herndon, VA. ManTech was founded in 1968. It has 9631 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all jobs at ManTech, click here.
Read Full Job Description