- Do you specialize in network architecture and creating strategic requests for proposals?
- Can you commit to a technical position providing expertise to establish resource requirements for highly complex network systems?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
Using your sharp technical skills and client-centric focus, you effectively plan resource requirements for basic to highly complex network systems. As an experienced Network Engineer III, you are passionate about communicating our value proposition through large requests for proposals (RFPs) and accurately identifying, forecasting and implementing resource requirements. You propel sales by designing and establishing protocol compatibility standards, developing and implementing network enhancements and monitoring project reporting and metrics for the management.
You enhance the Sales team by collaborating with internal quote teams to provide improvement recommendations. You accelerate growth by assisting in operational performance reviews and implementing network architecture and designs. You thrive in an office environment and feel comfortable traveling to perform site reviews and support sales professionals within a specified footprint. Depending on the business group, you may operate on-call as part of a 24/7 network operations environment. You report to the Senior Manager of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in planning the network architecture.
- Complete network configurations through the integration and diagraming of communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols.
- Enhance the product base through an in-depth product evaluation and resolving network problems.
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Develop, document and implement approved procedure methods for all daily activities and projects.
- Maximize the design process by establishing protocol compatibility standards, developing and implementing network enhancements and making recommendations for improvement.
- Optimize and configure the existing network through the planning and completion of medium- to highly complex projects, systems and issues.
- Support third-party vendors and team members across the organization during implementations by providing escalated tier troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Serve on one or more projects simultaneously and occasionally as a project team lead.
- Improve the department's success by guiding and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local, state and federal regulations for every project.
Required keys for success:
- Five or more years of data network experience.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards, such as Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), multi-mode fiber, single-mode fiber, unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cabling, bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of network design and devices, network appliances, network architecture, protocols and network topology.
- Proven data networking knowledge, such as open systems interconnection (OSI) model, transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP) and optical transport.
- Proficient in using internal and vendor ticketing and software tools.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products, services and culture
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred).
- Industry or vendor-specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.) (preferred).