Network Engineer II at Enviva (Raleigh, NC)
The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Network Engineer II role plays an essential part in supporting the day-to-day operations at Enviva by ensuring the stability of Enviva’s corporate network. Serve as the primary contact for our Wireless Network and responsible for move, adds changes to all the Wireless networks. The role also assists in network switching on LAN and WAN circuit and connection. Network Engineer 1 assist on business projects, providing guidance and solutions to meet business goals.
- Execute on network related project tasks such as installs, configurations and changes.
- Procure network equipment and assisting subcontractors with network installations.
- Create and update network documentation to ensure all systems have accurate design documentation.
- Collaborate with other IT teams and business stakeholders to provide support and project deliverables.
- Partner with third party vendors to compare and recommend network solutions.
- Configure Wireless network devices and switching
- Make recommendations for network improvement through data gathered in monitoring tools.
- A Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 5 years of relevant network experience or CCNA required and work experience.
- Demonstrated mastery Wireless technology and switching at layer 2 and layer 3
- Experience implementing and using network monitoring and management tools such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Experience supporting Cisco Meraki and Meraki portal configuration preferred.
- Knowledge of layer one technologies including SFP+, multimode/single mode fiber and MDF/IDF configurations.
- Experience with greenfield network installs during new construction.
- Experience troubleshooting IPSec VPN tunnels.
- Experience maintaining a secure Enterprise Wi-Fi environment based on certificated/TLS.
- Understanding of VLAN’s, VLAN routing, transit VLAN’s and port trucking.
- Experience with internal routing protocols such as EIGP and OSPF.
- Ability to work with carriers to troubleshoot outages.
- Mastery of IP subnetting and CIDR.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, collaborate and communicate.
- Experience with tools such as Visio for network documentation.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% for projects and support.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.