Network Engineer (Cisco, Arista, Juniper) IV at The Judge Group (Philadelphia, PA)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Description: Our client is currently seeking Network Engineers (Cisco, Arista, Juniper) IV
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist with the development of a dark fiber and transport strategy that includes client's existing dark fiber, front-haul, back-haul, mid-haul, mid-haul and long-haul assets as well as potential 3rd party fiber and transport networks.
- Assist with the development of best practices to qualify and assess new dark fiber vendors through technical, financial, and commercial reviews if existing plant does not meet requirements.
- Assist with the development of client's 5G transport standards.
- Assist with the requirements drafting and analysis of initial RFPs that will be utilized to select partners in given markets.
- Assist Transport Engineers with managing all aspects of transport RFPs to achieve best techno-commercial solution in the event 3rd party data center or dark fiber / transport solutions are needed.
- Assist with the sourcing, contract management, negotiation and supplier management strategies and practices for all components of the transport network
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be willing to work on a hybrid schedule
- Connect to dark fiber
- DWDN, understand multiplexer, assign ports and cross connects, connection to back haul systems
- Network/transport engineer background, Understand routing protocols, assist in the development of dark fibers vendors
- Help develop 5G standards in transport
Philadelphia, Chicago, and Nashville locations!
Please forward resumes to [email protected]
Contact: [email protected]
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com