Network Engineer Architect - Bolling AFB - TS/SCI REQUIRED at General Dynamics Information Technology (Washington DC)
Designs, plans and builds communications networks. Configures routers and switches, and firewalls for LAN and WAN systems and VPN concentrators with appropriate network engineering and communications protocols. Coordinates LAN/WAN hardware/software improvements and/or enhancements. Monitors the network utilizing industry leading technologies. Provides innovative methods and technical solutions using the engineering design process. Plans implementation of enhancements.
- Apply engineering and architectural expertise, including performing in-depth and complex network engineering involving all aspects of the network including core, distribution edge, border, Layer 3/2 routing and switching.
- Interact with and report architecture problems with lead engineers, including determining future bandwidth needs, conducting redundancy planning, and adopting infrastructure configurations according to vendor and industry best practices and standards to meet the business needs of the client.
- Documents the design with multiple views for various usage levels (technical architectural level, business level, operational level, maintenance level, etc.)
- Provide support for implementing routing and switching protocols.
- Interprets customer requirements and develops internal requirements and design solutions for optimal enterprise communication services.
- Identifies solutions based on alternative analysis, providing detailed assessments against requirements (technical, cost, business, security, schedule), establishing baseline for the enterprise network.
- Assess customer objectives, goals, intents, requirements, standards, etc. and translate into enterprise objectives and requirements.
- Establishes and maintains the baseline for enterprise network design.
- Performs customer requirement interpretation, develops internal network requirements to support the design and delivery of enterprise communication services.
- Establishes enterprise network architecture baselines and works with network system engineering to allocate requirements to all elements of the enterprise network.
- Ensure designs comply with all applicable Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community, and International Partner interoperability/compatibility standards, current/future system plans, and security requirements.
- Extensive experience with planning, designing, and executing network hardware and software infrastructure.
- Well-versed in isolating and performing root-cause analysis to determine infrastructure design improvements and enhancements, software bugs and documenting necessary workarounds.
- Expertise in use of SDN technologies to automate network provisioning and increase redundancy and improve resiliency.
- Ability to apply architectural knowledge to network diagrams, wiring, and cyber infrastructure documentation, processes, and procedures and suggesting improvements, as needed.
- Architect and transition large scale IP services for an enterprise. Plans and designs Layer 2 and Layer3 large-scale IPv4 and IPv6 networks, inclusive of BGP Routing and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Software Defined Networking (SDN) to automate network provisioning, increase redundancy and improve resiliency satellite based communication, enterprise network currently functions such as DNS, DHCP, NTP and PTP.
- DoD8570 IAT II ,
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching (RS)
- Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Architecture and Engineering expertise
- LTE/5G wireless technologies and integration of enterprise network with Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, etc.) via Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) BCAP (Boundary Cloud Access Point)
Must have a TS/SCI Clearance and the ability to obtain required Polygraph
BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 10+ years of experience
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.