Arista Networks is an industry leader in Cognitive Cloud Networking for mission critical data center and campus environments. Our award winning open source platforms deliver ultra low latency, high availability, automated analytics and secure network solutions.
Our culture is one that is founded on our core key values which resonate across all of our employee and include respect, integrity, teamwork, innovation, passion, trust and commitment to quality. In fact, quality is the most important attribute of our products. Why? Really simple, when the network ain't working ain't nothing working!"Job Description
Arista seeks an Advanced Services Engineer to provide advanced post-sales support, guidance, and assistance to account teams to address specific customer needs. In this position you will be a dedicated to a large healthcare provider in Houston area and provide expertise in the routing & switching space to design, implement, and support (troubleshoot) our Software-Driven Open Networking deployments The ideal candidate will also have a level of comfort communicating across all functions within Arista, as well as with clients and partners.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- You will provide advanced post-sales engineering support for Arista's Open Networking Data Center and Campus networking deployments for our enterprise and commercial customers.
- Review customer network designs for an VxLAN, EVPN BGP, leaf-spine architecture and make recommendations for deployment
- Migrate or interconnect to/from Cisco, Juniper, and other vendors to Arista infrastructure
- Assist with configuration build-outs including creating network provisioning automation using Python and tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Assist with implementation and change controls
- You will assist with proof of concepts (POC) and in-depth testing to validate design scenario
- Provide bug scrubs and code recommendations
- Provide interface to TAC and internal development teams and the customer
- You will provide customer advice regarding architectural questions, product prerequisites, product features, etc.
- Translate complex business requirements into Leaf-Spine Network solutions
- Assist Pre-Sales Engineer and Account Executives with designing Network solutions
- Establish and maintaining strong relationships with key partners
- Attend key partner events, training sessions, and provide ongoing training with the customer teams globally
- Continue training to maintain expertise
- Ability to understand the client’s business objectives and technical needs
- Ability to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for sales and clients
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment
- Maintain professional relationships with teammates, partners, and clients
- Some travel may be required within assigned territory
Who Are You?
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Network Industry Certification preferred (e.g. CCIE (R&S), CCNP, JNCIE)
- 5+ years’ working experience with network technologies including network design and deployments of Campus and Data Center networks. Knowledge of leaf-spine architecture highly desired.
- 5+ years’ minimum experience with Cisco-based technologies focusing on infrastructure and voice
- Demonstrated experience in technical post-sales, as either a Network Consulting Engineer or as an Advanced Systems (AS) Engineer preferred
- Experience with Cisco enterprise routing/switching within large data center enterprise customers (Catalyst, Nexus, ASR)
- Expert knowledge in the following areas: Ethernet, VLANs, VxLAN, EVPN, IP Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, eBGP, Multicast, QoS
- Expertise in at least one area of Data Center related technologies - Openstack, SDN, NFV, Load Balancers, Virtualization, Linux tools
- Expert level knowledge of industry-standard CLI
- Ability to write white papers a plus
- Background in Perl, Python, Scripting for creating network automation is highly desired
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written skills and the ability to do related documentation and ticket tracking of opportunities/meeting follow-up
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Where legally permitted, Arista requires all candidates for U.S.-based positions to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved accommodation under applicable law. Candidates anticipating seeking an exemption should contact Arista HR before their start date. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Arista's vaccination policy.