In this position, you will have a key role in the design, development, testing, deployment and support of proprietary software applications. You will participate in the implementation of new applications and modifications to existing applications. Your main tools will consist of Microsoft .NET, SQL, Cloud Platform components and integrated system components.
- Develop and maintain high-quality software products that expand the Digital Capabilities of Horace Mann while supporting the strategic vision of the corporation.
- Support and comply with documented software process and procedure requirements, spanning all phases of software product life cycle.
- Participate with other team members to design user-friendly interfaces; develop high-quality, object-oriented business objects; and conduct research and evaluation of software-related technologies and products.
- Collaborate with other team members (across multiple geographical locations) and assist with code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or a related field
- At least eight (8) years of direct experience with ALL the following:
- .NET Framework Development
- Microsoft SQL Server
- At least four (4) years of direct experience with MOST of the following:
- .NET Core
- .NET Standard
- ASP.NET Core MVC
- Web API
- At least two (2) years of direct experience with any of the following:
- AWS -- API Gateway, Elasticsearch, Firehose, Kinesis, Lambda, and/or CloudWatch
- Azure -- APIM, Search, Event Hubs, Functions, and/or Monitor
- A very strong preference to possess any of the following certifications/completed cloud education tracks:
- AWS Certified Developer and/or AWS Data Analytics Specialty
- Azure Developer and/or Azure Data Engineer
- Google Certified Developer and/or Google Certified Professional Data Engineer
- An understanding and working knowledge in most of the following areas of development:
- Mobile Development
- Web Services
- Windows Services
- Web API
- Entity Framework
- SQL and T-SQL
- Unit Testing and Mocking
- Object-Oriented Design & Development
- SOLID Principles
- Design Patterns
- Agile Methodology
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice