.NET Developer at Nexient (Columbus, OH)
| Columbus, OH
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:17 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 16, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the project team, meet coding deliverables in line with project release plan
- Lead teams of .NET developers across one or more projects
- Drive a culture of Test Driven Development across your project team members. As a senior member of the team, guide, mentor and coach team members on best practices around unite testing, code reviews and documentation
- Interface with the customer’s IT and business stakeholders as needed
- Interface with strategic customers. Participate in pre-sales meetings and presentations as needed
- Develop and maintain project schedules and resource plans clearly defining ownership
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong professional experience in programming primarily around C# and ASP.NET, including ASP.NET MVC, Lambda expressions
- Strong experience in Design Patterns, Multi-threading, OOAD Experience in Dynamic programming
- Experience implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Experience in MS Desktop technologies and in C#, WPF, MVVM, XAML, UX Design, LINQ
- Strong experience implementing SOAP or REST services
- Experience with unit testing (nUnit, MSTest)
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices
- Strong expertise in writing and consuming web services
- Strong experience working in Agile environment and understanding of SCRUM process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. This role interacts heavily with customers and the lead will be required to make presentations
- Ability to lead teams ranging from 5-8 senior, mid level and junior developers
- Prior experience working on developing enterprise web applications for F500 corporations
- Should be able to simultaneously lead one or more project teams for one or more applications
As a vital member of our Engineering Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 89 open jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description