Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- SALARY: $180,000 – $280,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week
Our client is currently running a rapidly growing private beta for our global community - with friends sharing their private homes in 86 cities worldwide. Find your friends on the network and join the beta!
What You'll Do
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design teams to implement strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources.
- Manage staff and assign tasks to engineering and technical personnel.
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines.
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects.
- Monitor reliability and performance of the MyPlace application, as well as internal tools/systems to suggest improvements.
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- 5 years of experience as a Head of Engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department.
- Expert-level knowledge of Python and Django
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies.
- Strong leadership/people and communication skills paired with a high level of assertiveness.
- Excellent project management skills.
- This is a complex product. Our ideal candidate has experience with relational databases, social networks.
MyPlace Team Members Are...
- We are entrepreneurial in spirit and maintain a positive and inquisitive outlook towards problems.
- We are all self starters who help each other.
- We are empathetic and communicative, if something's up-we talk about it and care about each other.
- We are passionate about what we do. Life's too short not to be.
- We are naturally diverse and inclusive.
- We are kind humans.
- We respect each other's time and we plus each other's work.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.