Motion Planning Senior Software Engineer at Motional
Our Senior Software Engineers play a pivotal role in our Motion Planning stack, leading software design and development, algorithm creation and/or implementation, and conducting code reviews. Partner with motion planning research scientists to bring algorithms from concept to prototype and deployment in the real world at scale. Work in a complex and growing system where new features are being added and evaluated rapidly.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Use your deep software development expertise to teach others better software practices and principles.
- Develop clean software for the motion planning and decision-making modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with all other key modules such localization, control, and perception.
- Collaborate with motion planning research scientists on cutting edge algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Show initiative and be a lead team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Masters or PhD preferred but not required) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.