- Build intuitive features to improve the experience for mobile users.
- Improve the mobile codebase by working on foundational issues and helping to rearchitect, as necessary.
- Work with your team to promote best practices and ensure a high quality bar is maintained.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and other groups to design thoughtful new features.
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals in developing on iOS
- Experience working with large native code bases with significant complexity
- A passion for building consumer applications with elegant and clean interfaces
- Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product for hundreds of thousands of users is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with cross-functional group
For candidates hired in San Francisco metro, New York City metro, or Seattle metro, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $187,000 - $220,000 - $253,000.
For candidates hired in the following locations: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, California (outside SF metro), Colorado, Connecticut (outside NYC metro), Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (outside NYC metro), Oregon, Pennsylvania (outside NYC or DC metro), Washington (outside Seattle metro) and Washington DC metro, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $168,300 - $198,000 - $227,700.
For candidates hired in all other US locations, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this role is currently $149,600 - $176,000 - $202,400.
Range(s) is subject to change. Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).