Mobile Engineering Manager at LivePerson (New York City, NY or Remote)
LivePerson is the global leader in conversational commerce solutions and we aim to make life easier by transforming how people communicate with brands. With over 18,000 customers including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted conversational AI.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
- Be the technology leader for the LivePerson Maven Business apps (iOS & Android). You will own the technology roadmap and collaborate with Leadership, Product, UX, and other internal teams to provide a stable, innovative, and valuable product. These apps enable brands to communicate with their consumers and therefore requires every system to be highly-scalable, highly-available, secured, and well monitored.
- Own the product development lifecycle including development, QA, automation, CI/CD/CT pipelines and production operations.
- Provide leadership and guidance, motivating the team of talented developers that are responsible for building LivePerson's Maven Business apps for iOS and Android, that includes hiring, coaching and mentoring the team to its maximum potential and morale.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership.
- Effectively present to all levels of the organization as well as customers.
- Work with Product and UX, creating technical specifications of business requirements, to plan and execute on roadmap features and initiatives that increase usage, customer adoption, and consumer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with other teams in LivePerson to maintain the highest operational excellence standard in the product.
- Lead or participate in customer meetings and represent the Maven Business product from a technical perspective.
- Support internal customers with clear documentation and technical understanding of the product.
You should be an expert in:
- Master's/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Experience working asynchronously on a remote, distributed team
- 5 years of experience in software development
- 1-3 years experience leading, recruiting and managing software development teams in an agile environment through successful product delivery and technical releases.
- Strong knowledge of mobile application frameworks, programming languages and tools (MVC, MVVM, GitHub, Swift/Objective-C, Java/Kotlin)
- Background in iOS or Android development - knowledge of both is a plus
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building mobile applications.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, organization and deep hands-on technical expertise
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Developing strategies and technical roadmaps
- Strong business and technical vision
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.