As a Mobile Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing, debugging, and troubleshooting innovative software solutions for existing product enhancements and new product applications.
Starting base pay for this role is between $120,000 and $145,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, training, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will be eligible for a bonus as well as competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, wellness reimbursement, life insurance, and a 401(k) with company match. We offer vacation and sick leave benefits (under a flexible time off policy in most states).
Origami Risk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive and benefit from diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We do not discriminate against any individual based upon race, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Implements React Native features, including creation of UI Screens, handling of navigational and animation behavior, state management, authentication, API calls, repository logic and DTO transformation.
- Practices test driven development, writing and maintaining both unit and integration tests.
- Builds intuitive, secure, and highly scalable mobile applications.
- Builds responsive mobile applications that work well across multiple screen sizes.
- Develops UI components in isolation.
- Improves code quality through code reviews and pair programming.
- Provides ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Provides recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Collaborates with product owner, delivery lead, quality assurance and business stakeholders to ensure that features developed meet customer needs.
- Assists with writing documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of programming experience with mobile development.
- Experience in cross-platform development with React Native with TypeScript for the Android and iOS platforms.
- Experience with build and deployment tool scripting and setup is a plus, experience with Expo Application Services (EAS) is a plus.
- Experience with NativeBase or other component libraries is a plus.
- Experience with a state container desired, Zustand knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with hexagonal architecture and/or dependency injection is a plus.
- Experience with local storage technologies desired, Realm knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with test driven development desired, Jest and Detox libraries knowledge is a plus.
- Experience using Storybook or similar libraries to build UI components in isolation is a plus.
- Experience with logging technologies like Firebase and Sentry.io is a plus.
- Experience with building mobile applications using Xamarin is a plus.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies a plus.
- Risk management and insurance expertise is a plus.
- Prior experience with managing client product implementations is a plus.
Who We Are
Origami Risk is a leading provider of integrated SaaS solutions for risk management, insurance, safety, and compliance. We've designed our single-platform, cloud-based software to be easily configurable to meet the needs of insured corporate and public entities, brokers and risk consultants, insurers and MGAs, third party claims administrators (TPAs), risk pools, and more. To fulfill our singular focus of helping our clients achieve their business objectives, our software is supported by a best-in-class service team of experienced risk, insurance, and safety professionals who have an ideal balance of industry knowledge and technological expertise.
Since its founding in 2009, Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the "Best Places to Work" and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).