Mobile Android Developer (Remote) at McLeod Software
McLeod Software is the leading developer and provider of transportation management software to trucking and freight brokerage companies in the United States. We are highly respected within the transportation industry, and are growing again! We believe that investing in people who have a natural desire to learn and grow is one of our greatest competitive advantages. Each person has an opportunity to contribute directly to the Company's growth and success - and we look for individuals who take pride in doing that. We are hiring a Mobile Android Developer for our headquarters in Birmingham, AL. The Mobile Android Developer specializes in mobile technology and building apps for Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to scope requirements and the proposed solutions with others.
- Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality.
- Keep up to date with terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps.
- Work with key internal McLeod employees associated with the Mobile App projects in an Agile environment.
- Verification and testing of completed Mobile App projects prior to notifying the customer.
- A passion for learning new programming languages, software libraries, data layers, and development paradigms.
- Knowledge with IOS & Android. (Experience with both preferred)
- Effective time management working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a broad range of customer end-users (professionals and non-professionals). Proven ability to communicate technical information coherently, both verbally and in writing, to internal and external customers, maintaining a customer-focused, friendly attitude.
- Proven ability to build relationships and work effectively and confidently at all levels of an organization, including interaction with senior management.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
Since 1985, McLeod Software has provided powerful transportation management and trucking software solutions to the trucking industry. These solutions, developed entirely by our company, are comprehensive and support integration with a broad array of complimentary logistics products.
We are the leader when it comes to software for trucking dispatch operations management, freight brokerage management, fleet management, document imaging, workflow, EDI, and business process automation solutions for trucking, freight brokerage, third party logistics, and shipper companies in the United States.
With an established base of more than 1,000 active customers throughout North America, McLeod Software is dedicated solely to the transportation industry. This focus means we have a deep understanding of the needs and intricate details involved in carrier, broker, and freight management businesses of all types.
McLeod Software owns our national headquarters building in Birmingham, Alabama, and we also operate regional offices with training facilities in Salt Lake City, Utah and Downers Grove, Illinois. We employ more than 550 professionals.
McLeod Software does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we participate in E-Verify.