ML Serving Engineer (US & Canada) at Abnormal Security (Remote)
Users and companies are constantly under attack but Abnormal Security’s team and patented, ML-first approach is redefining email security for the next generation. Our incredible team needs your help to keep ahead of the evolving threats facing the world. We tackle critical challenges using novel approaches and modern technologies that help make the world a safer place.
Call us Abnormal, but tackling impossible problems takes partnership with customers. By listening to what they want we can build them what they need to stop adversarial cybercrime. It also means our customers love what we build for them because it solves the problems that matter to them! And, of course, it is beautiful to look at and easy to use and administer!
But it’s not just our products; we are Abnormal too.
We’ve combined some of the best talent in the world with serially successful & passionate leadership, which gives us the ability to tackle complex challenges, build incredible things, and experiment and iterate quickly! Then, we empower our people to take ownership of complex end-to-end problems in a culture that supports and rewards them.
Come see what’s so great about being Abnormal!
We're looking for an Engineer to work on product "ML Serving" systems. In this role, you will:
- Build ML Serving systems (we are requiring experience with common Serving frameworks, like Gunicorn, Finagle Thift, or similar Open Source tool)
- Build scalable, distributed cloud-native solutions using public cloud offerings
- Build new services, as well as decompose monolithic services into microservices
- Work with ML teams and the tools they use commonly, like: Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.
Our Detection Engineering team powers the core functionality that our customers have come to rely on. As such, you'll tackle a unique "trifecta" of challenges as a backend engineer on our Detection team here at Abnormal.
- Up to 100x scaling of highly-performant systems ML systems, model inference infrastructure, and data pipelines behind our core capabilities (already multi-millions of queries per second)
- Building a world-class MLOps experience to power all of Abnormal’s Detection engine
- Unique accuracy challenges; building, scaling, and maintaining systems that target a 1% FN/FP within an "adversarial" problem-space
- Live in the US or Canada
- Have, at least, 2 years of production backend engineering experience
- To work in Python (and/or Go)
- Familiarity with big data processing and distributed systems frameworks
- A Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science (or similar)
We’re on a serious mission to “protect the internet” and we’re adamant that building a great team will help us build a great product AND a great company! In addition to ensuring our compensation packages and benefits remain compelling to the caliber of talent we hire - we also seek to provide both clear career and personal growth opportunities. We’ve built a diverse and inclusive team that values the contributions and voice of all team members. Let’s chat about our team and opportunities - we’d love to show you just how GREAT being “Abnormal” can be!