ML Engineer (Algorithms)
Job Title: ML Engineer (Algorithms)
Job Location: Remote, PAN-India
Qualification required: Bachelor/Master’s degree in Information Systems/Computer Science/Software Engineering or Other equivalent degree/diploma
Experience required: 3-10+ years (relevant experience). Experience of implementing NLP/CV related algorithms, Search Engine, Solr, Lucene, NLTK, Python, OCR, R&D, scikit-learn, PyTorch is desirable.
Functional Area: Technology II Industry Type: IT/ITeS II Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
IMERIT TECHNOLOGY SERVICES PVT. LTD. was founded in 2012 by Ms. Radha R Basu with the vision of bringing a diverse talent pool from underserved backgrounds into the digital workforce. iMerit combines the technologies, processes and people that, together, deliver the data enrichment and annotations related work for one of the best companies in the world. iMerit has data partnerships with best-in-class service and tooling platforms to build effective and efficient data pipelines for its client-partners. With positive social and economic change embedded in its mission and vision, iMerit works with global investors that are looking to create lasting impact.
Today more than 5500+ iMeriters in the United States, Europe, Bhutan and India work with many of the most innovative companies in the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Ecosystems, to unlock the value hidden deep within large volumes of unstructured datasets. With an output accuracy of above 98%, iMerit is recognized as the leaders in delivering quality, cost-effective projects on time and on budget.
iMerit has prides itself in having a strong diversity among its workforce. We focus our efforts towards inclusion of the underserved communities. iMerit has been recognized multiple times and have won several awards for its quality work along with inclusion, diversity and skill building. Visit us at www.imerit.net
We have an exciting opportunity for a results-driven out of the box thinking ML Engineer. Want to work in a team where precision, richness of data, which drives many ML Models, are critically important, then a big opportunity is waiting ahead. Passion for learning new things will get boosted as you will see ML-Ops culture in practice.
As a ML Engineer, you will be at the heart of engineering process building interactive tools that will empower annotators to label large volumes of data with ML assisted Algorithms. Building an internal search engine and querying over voicebot to act as a virtual trainer. Involved in cutting edge NLP based application developments. Working on CV based algorithms for automating validation against gold standard data etc.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working on Computer Vision/NLP based algorithms to find accuracy metrics against ground truth for varieties of text (Hindi, English etc.), objects and shapes.
- Assist in building large, robust, scalable SaaS products using Python.
- Take a leading role in ML algorithm design, and also to maintain and optimize the ML ops. The position requires the ability to identify the bottlenecks and boost its performance to accommodate customers’ demands.
- Depending on years of experience, leading and managing a team of Algorithm Engineers will be a part of the job responsibilities.
- Find and implement the right algorithms and tools and extend ML libraries and frameworks to apply for NLP tasks according to requirements.
- Perform statistical analysis of results and refine models.
- Remain updated in the rapidly changing field of NLP/CV/ML
- Run and deliver on various customer driven PoCs.
Must have skills
- Solid background in vision algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming, is a must.
- Experience in Caffe, TensorFlow or PyTorch or any other ML Framework, is a must.
- Knowledge about CI/CD Pipeline along with Git Branch Management is desirable.
- Deep understanding of text representation techniques (such as n-grams, bag of words, sentiment analysis etc.), statistics and classification algorithms, semantic extraction techniques, data structures and modeling is a must.
- Expertise in NLP, Statistics, Data visualization and advanced analytics, Time series modeling, Tabular data, Deep learning and Machine learning algorithms with ability to implement research papers is a must
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities and ability to clearly articulate advanced concepts to a wide range of audiences, is a must.
- Experience on Lucene & Solr - Search Engine, Text Mining, Indexing Lucene Python based search library is a must.
- Strong fundamentals in mathematical concepts like probability, numerical methods and linear algebra, is a must.
Good to have skills
- Familiarity with State-of-the-Art Vision Models, Computer Graphics, Video, 3D Data, Audio, NLP, or Multi-modal Data will be a plus.
- Familiarity with active, supervised and unsupervised learning; adversarial training will be a plus.
- Strong communication, time management & interpersonal skills.
- Attentive listener, understanding, empathetic & personable.
- Creative thinking, energetic & passionate.
- Positive, go-getter attitude.
- Ethical, committed & dependable.