Mixed Signal Design Engineer at INNOPHASE (San Diego, CA)
INNOPHASE is a rapidly growing pre-IPO communications semiconductor company with headquarters in San Diego, CA, and advanced design centers in Irvine, CA, San Jose, CA, Kista, Sweden, and Bangalore, India. We pioneered the industry’s lowest power Wi-Fi radio architecture for IoT applications and a revolutionary 5G platform that will transform cellular network deployments. Utilizing our breakthrough, patented, wireless technology we are bringing to market a portfolio of SoCs and modules with a unique value proposition for IoT and 5G applications.
Mixed Signal Design Engineer: The Design Engineer position has perhaps the more comprehensive breath of involvement in the company. Mixed signal design can cover many areas. Data converters (ADC, DAC, TDC), digitally controlled analog/RF circuits (calibration, compensation, control loops, etc.) are a few examples. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone that enjoys driving the critical path and making a significant impact in launching products into the market and winning!
- Product Design: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation, Package/PCB Analysis and associated design documentation
- Design Verification: Detailed performance and functional measurements and debug
- Product Characterization: Work with Characterization and Test Engineers to define, conduct and analyze data from product
- Production ATE Development: Work with Test Engineers to define, develop and ramp production ATE solutions.
- Product Support: Work with Applications, Product, Test and Manufacturing Engineers to help answer customer questions, assess field failures, support yield improvements, etc.
- BSEE minimum, MSEE or PhD desired
- 5+ years commercial experience
- Strong fundamentals in mixed signal IC design, especially with modern CMOS technology
- Good understanding of CMOS device operation and construction
- Familiarity with RF, analog and digital integrated circuits, especially in mixed signal circuits and systems. Expertise in data converters, ring oscillators, PLLs, charge pumps, control loops, stability/BW, etc.
- Good understanding and experience with IC layout and verification
- Analytical and disciplined problem solver
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product needs on time
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Hands on experience making precise analog, digital measurements using typical laboratory instruments and techniques
- Experience in using various development tools (Cadence, ADS, EMX, MS Office, etc.)
- Experience with using scripting for automation of data analysis, lab automation or simulation control.
- Ability to design, layout and debug board level test fixturing and application solutions