The Microsoft Azure Cloud Architect is responsible for designing and implementing enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing and works on advanced complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. The Cloud Architect has a deep understanding of cloud automation and cloud services, including IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS. This role analyzes system requirements and defines system architecture that will meet business needs, including server infrastructure, capacity planning, storage requirements, and networking protocols. The Cloud Architect ensures that project rollouts meet security standards and can be effectively integrated with current applications. This position is required to be able to work autonomously.
This position provides the opportunity to be part of a larger, close-knit consulting team that focuses on the following areas: Microsoft Azure - Infrastructure, Azure and M365 migrations, Security, and Advanced Microsoft Identity and Authentication projects. The right candidate will actively participate and lead projects centered around the adoption of Microsoft Cloud, including the planning and migration of existing workloads to Azure and M365. This position requires a solid foundation of Microsoft Active Directory, networking, and virtualization. Additionally, this individual will be required to participate in presales activities, draft project documentation, collaborate with project managers, and manage multiple projects and timelines. Additional opportunities to work with M365, EM+S, and other cloud platforms is to be expected.
What You'll Do
- Be a primary technical resource working on projects for customers adopting Microsoft Azure
- Develop new customer offerings based on emerging technologies
- Communicate technical prerequisites and deploy/migrate Microsoft solutions in Azure
- Troubleshoot and communicate issues impacting the success of assigned projects
- Implement technical cloud solutions, provide documentation, and training for the solutions
- Continuously learn new Microsoft technologies in Azure, other Microsoft cloud technologies, and other non-Microsoft cloud technologies (where applicable) and sharing this knowledge with the rest of the team
- Be a lead technologist for a team of resources who work together to provide a complete solution
Skills & Abilities
- Strong technical writing skills
- Define and manage tasks/client deliverables for themselves and the rest of the implementation team
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure and O365
- Good understanding of the following technologies: Networking, Load Balancing, DNS, Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMWare), performance monitoring, and capacity planning
- Ability to comfortably work with PowerShell
- One (1) current technical certification related to Microsoft Cloud Technologies (AZ 305 or AZ 204)
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Field or four (4) years of experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Two (2) or more current technical certifications related to Microsoft technologies
- Past experience consulting for medium to large enterprise customers
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) and cloud automation
- Experience with Zerto and other third-party Disaster Recovery Tools
- Candidates must be US Citizens as this work entails working with State and Local Government Agencies.
- Candidates should have at least 3 or more years of experience supporting Microsoft Cloud Products and Services.
- Candidates must possess excellent communication skills and be able to correspond efficiently and effectively. This includes both verbal and written communications. Particular emphasis is put upon the ability to produce well written technical documentation.
- Candidates must be able to work well with clients and team members.
- Candidates must understand that we are here to help our customers succeeded and possess a positive ‘can-do’ attitude with a strong commitment to customer support.
- The right candidate embraces new and innovative ways of meeting and solving business needs.
- Candidate should enjoy tackling big problems and coming up with elegant solutions that meet a customers’ needs and support their overall mission.
- Play a lead role in defining your career and building upon Planet’s already significant and growing foundation of exceptional experience and results. Be willing to grow and be a part of Planet’s success.
Credentials and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Experience: 3-4+ years
- Location: Mountain or Pacific Time Zone Preferred
- Travel: 0 - 25%
Planet Technologies is the leading provider of Microsoft Consulting Services to public sector and commercial organizations. Planet has significant experience in deploying business intelligence, cloud services, unified communications, and systems management with an emphasis building, deploying, and managing custom solutions that transform the business operations of federal government agencies.
Planet Technologies does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law. Federal Agency Clearance Requirements may require up to a 10 year background investigation - US Citizenship (clearable) is required.
Join our highly talented team of Microsoft Certified Masters and MVP’s – Visit www.go-planet.com to learn more!
More Information on Planet Technologies
Planet Technologies operates in the Business Intelligence industry. The company is located in Germantown, MD. Planet Technologies was founded in 1997. It has 286 total employees. To see all 40 open jobs at Planet Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description