Mechanical Engineer at Fluidra North America (Atlanta, GA)
Fluidra is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the team at our CMP location in Newnan, GA.
WHAT YOU WILL BE PART OF
In this role, you will be joining an international company as a member of the North America’s R&D team. You will work side-by-side with engineers, product managers, purchasing and manufacturing sites to identify opportunities for Value Improvement. You will be able to learn from our product specialists and apply your knowledge and experience to make a difference. At the same time you will build yourself an inspiring international career with a company that believes in giving its employees the challenges and opportunities they need to grow professionally and personally.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Lead the engineering design and development of new water treatment products for swimming pools following a cross-functional NPD process
- Work with the project team to ensure that the product is meeting the requirements defined internally (specifications, cost, performance, quality).
- Design parts and assemblies using SolidWorks CAD software.
- Perform technical competitive benchmark analyses.
- Work with external suppliers and internal teams to ensure project goals are met and to resolve any engineering issues.
- Develop and document test plans and Engineering Changes
WHAT WE SEEK
- 5 or more years of Mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering experience
- Highly proficient design skills using SolidWorks CAD software.
- Extensive knowledge of various types of mechanical and electro-mechanical components and their use in product designs.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes to include injection molding, sheet metal and tooling.
- Exceptional root cause analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present with impact and clarity
- Proven track record of accomplished projects with increasing responsibilities.
- A background in water treatment and disinfection is a plus.
- Design experience focusing on development / launch of consumer products is also desirable.
- Analytical, flexible, and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
We emphasize that we are looking for a team player with good interpersonal skills, who is self-motivated to drive Value Improvement projects within the company
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
- Alternative work week schedule
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- Generous product discounts
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA at CMP?
We are a leader in the global pool industry. Our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands; we offer our customers an expansive array of products across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets; and we have strong geographical footprint with operations in over 45 countries. With our merger with Zodiac, we now have over 5,500 employees and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
We are guided by clear values and come to work every day with a simple and direct mission in mind: To create the perfect pool and wellness experience. By staying focused on this mission, we will create value for all our stakeholders–customers, pool owners, investors and employees.
We own a portfolio of some of the industry’s most recognized and trusted brands, including Jandy®, AstralPool®, Polaris®, Cepex®, Zodiac®, CTX Professional®, Gre®, CMP®, taylor®, S.R. Smith® and Built Right®.
In the pursuit of product excellence, Fluidra takes its corporate values to heart. We implement these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, teamwork, learn and adapt, excellence and Innovation.
For a deeper dive into our corporate culture, click here.