- Torch Technologies is currently seeking a passionate MBSE Systems Engineer who will help in building an MBSE system architecture model based on system requirements to aid our government customers in understanding their complex missile systems.
- The candidate will work directly with software development team to elicit and capture detailed system design information and establish a systems architecture and sequence diagrams that will inform M&S.
- Primary duties will consist of identifying components of a system architecture based on system requirements and developing architecture from a M&S use case perspective. Other duties include developing and maintaining system architecture models to include major systems and subsystems, software, digital architecture, and requirements and specifications.
- Must be able to conduct data analysis to support Authoritative Sources of Truth (ASOT) determination, data discovery, and source authentication
- Must be able to support frequent interaction with government, SETA, Federal Funded Research Centers (FFRDC), external stakeholders, and development contractors
- Must be able to develop and capture system specifications and related formal and informal documentation to communicate system design concepts
- Must be able to decompose and generate low-level requirements needed for implementation
- Must be able to manage the import, validation, decomposition, and allocation of system requirements to M&S.
- Must have familiarity and technical understanding of the BMD Missile Defense System and GMD subsystem.
- Must have excellent people skills, ability to work well in a team environment, strong work ethic and be self-starting
- Must have strong systems engineering background, and ability to build an M&S-compatible system architecture based on system requirements.
- Must be able to work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Must be able to set and meet deadlines
Qualified candidates will work within a collaborative team environment composed of government and supporting contractor personnel. The candidate will have excellent communication, organizational, technical writing and briefing preparation skills as well as the ability to clearly present work to government customers.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science
5 -8 years' experience
Strong skills in Systems Architecture Modeling of complex systems
Experience working with MBSE tools (i.e., Rhapsody, DOORS/DOORS Next Generation, Cameo or other) and languages (SysML, UML, XML) used to manage system architecture, design, and requirements development; CAMEO Enterprise Architect preferred
Familiarity with Agile Development process a plus
Ability to work alone and collaboratively with team member
Positive attitude and self-motivate
BMDS/GMD system knowledge preferred
Active DoD secret clearance required
COVID Policy: In accordance with the Executive Order 14042 on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, Torch Technologies is obligated to comply with the requirements that all employees be vaccinated from COVID-19. Prospective and/or new employees will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status or have an approved legal accommodation as a condition of employment prior to the start of employment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://torchtechnologies.hua.hrsmart.com/ats as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to [email protected] Thanks for your interest in Torch Technologies.
More Information on Torch Technologies, Inc.
Torch Technologies, Inc. operates in the Aerospace industry. The company is located in Huntsville, AL, Shalimar, FL, California, MD, Aberdeen, MD, Abuquerque, NM and Colorado Springs, CO. Torch Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2002. It has 722 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 71 open jobs at Torch Technologies, Inc., click here.
Read Full Job Description