Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Job Description - Relocation is available for this role
The Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt collaborates with department leadership to develop and execute lean six sigma deployment and adoption strategy at all Beverage Packaging North and Central America (BPNCA) locations. This includes design, implementation, continuous improvement and sustainment of lean six sigma systems at all levels of the organization. Particular focus on guiding BPNCA’s drive for productivity, quality and improved stability through delivery of bottom-line project benefits and the cultural shift to systems thinking.
What will you be responsible for?
- Specific duties generally include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and manage significant process improvement projects, including at least one with an impact of ≥ $1 million in bottom-line savings; secure required commitment and resources from business leaders.
- Partner with the quality team, regional operations directors and vice presidents to prioritize and manage black belt and green belt projects in accordance with their respective improvement roadmaps.
- Mentor and coach black belt and geen belt certification candidates and lead regular reviews of their projects with appropriate technical coaching
- Develop, organize and deliver targeted training for:
- green belt and black belt candidates (DMAIC and project management)
- business leaders (awareness and effective sponsorship)
- general employee population (basic problem solving, awareness, specific tools and techniques).
- Provide leadership and assume responsibility for internally-delivered DMAIC training, ensuring technical integrity of all lean six sigma learning processes and materials.
- Oversee execution of day-to-day process improvement work and application of DMAIC tools and techniques.
- Promote use of lean six sigma methodology and tools (DMAIC, PDCA, kaizen, and design for six sigma).
- Collaborate with BPNCA Quality department to support complex process analysis, performance reporting and related presentations.
- Assist with identification and successful adoption of best practices throughout the organization.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing and selection of six sigma black belts and green belts.
- Coordinate with external consultants as needed.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college education with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Management
- Job related experience for seven (7) years minimum combined process, project or/and relevant functional experience actively driving continuous improvement efforts - includes training delivery, certification candidate coaching and support, and leading broad scope projects utilizing lean six sigma tools.
- Lean Six Sigma master black belt certification certified through a recognized, national organization
- Business acumen, executive presence, public speaking and presentation experience; can successfully deal with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated teaching, training and coaching skills; formal training development and delivery experience
- Organizational strategy development and deployment experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills; persuasive influencer and a consensus builder; can pull people to agreement on a change initiative or process design.
- Has the drive and enthusiasm to deliver results and make a difference; able to lean into discomfort and act with courage and decisiveness
- Organizational change leadership experience and strong understanding of the principles of change management
- Proven team builder and leader
- Application experience and skill (MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word; MINITAB, JMP or other stat)
- Large-scale project management experience
- Intellectually, emotionally and logically capable and confident; has the wisdom, intelligence and stature to gain credibility from business leaders and become a trusted advisor to senior staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of DMAIC methodology applied to the design or improvement of production processes with functional expertise in manufacturing, product service or engineering
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans