Manufacturing Quality Engineer at TuSimple
You can apply to the job with this email address: [email protected]
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Opportunity OverviewA Manufacturing Quality Engineer at TuSimple, Ensures the manufacturing quality and reliability of autonomous vehicle / system builds. Drives Engineering Change Request (ECR), Engineering Change Orders (ECO), and New Product Introduction (NPI) from concept to finalization of role out to the manufacturing team. Leads and steers the quality triage process and landscape of Issues and Problems for assigned projects. Controls oversight and steers activities at project level related to APQP, PPAP & amp; Problem solving. Ensures achievement of all quality related milestones and deliverables to meet project objectives
- Leading Manufacturing & Hardware quality Root Cause Analysis triage activities, data & schedule for assigned projects along with driving internal 8D & DMAIC problem solving methodologies
- Assessing program / project risks and proactively driving mitigation plans for the manufacturing floor and formulates actions plans to address top risk, issues and problems that are quantifiable and measurable
- Partnering with Engineering to define product acceptance plans based on Product Requirement Documents (PRD’s) and Product Quality Plans (APQP) for flow down to internal build locations and partner organizations
- Owns quality activities in the new product introduction operations. Tasks include assessing BOM accuracy, Quality Inspection plan creation, Drawing Reviews, and test criteria updates
- Helps drive and define quality & Reliability Goals for the Autonomous Vehicle Hardware Components and subsystems
- Helps Drive Continuous In Process Quality Controls (IPQC), & Outgoing Quality Controls (OQC) improvements from existing to future needed state based on current roadmap
- Helps fabricate and drive PFMEA, Control Plans, Inspection Plans, and Escalation Plans for theAutonomous Vehicle Hardware Components and subsystems
- Analyzing field feedback reports, data and information on product performance / failure rates associated to
- the manufacturing process in order to provide insights and direction to development teams that help key product and process decision making
- Forms the independent unbiased communication channel and link from field quality and customer experience to engineering, development and problem resolution owners
- Defining, monitoring and owning product Quality KPIs and metrics
- Supports Change Control Board: Impact analysis and approvals
- Reviews engineering release quality: Compatibility and completeness
Experience & Skills Required
- 3-5 years relevant industry experience in quality for manufacturing.
- Six Sigma Green belt qualifications
- ECR / ECO/ NPD / NPI Process frameworks: Automotive/Aerospace
- Experience managing product and customer experience quality at a cross functional level
- Experience in problem solving in fast paced, complex start up environments
- Strong analytical skills; Comfortable working with large amounts of data
- Problem Solving: (8D) / SCAR/ RTV processes
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment across multiple locations
- Customer focused mindset
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.This opportunity is located in Tucson, AZ.
You can apply to the job with this email address: [email protected] Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt