Manufacturing Engineer at Fluidra North America (Salt Lake City, UT)
WHY WORK FOR COVER-POOLS?
Cover-Pools is the world's leading manufacturer of automatic safety pool covers. We're proud to say we invented the automatic pool cover in 1959 – a cover that could be used daily and offer safety, maintenance, and heat-saving benefits to all swimming pool owners. Following a recent merger with Fluidra, our Salt Lake City facility has expanded operations to also manufacture pool and landscape design features such as cleaning systems, waterfalls, and fire elements.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to develop and implement manufacturing processes that optimize our space, equipment and workforce resources to continually improve productivity and product quality.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Create process documentation and work instructions for manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Develop and implement process improvements within manufacturing using Lean methodologies.
- Assess materials, equipment, workforce utilization, space requirements, safety considerations, workflow timelines and overall cost effectiveness of processes to inform management decisions.
- Adapt processes, tools, equipment and training for continual improvements in the quality of finished goods.
- Maximize production efficiencies through equipment and workspace layout.
- Design tooling and fixtures to improve and simplify manufacturing processes.
- Confer with vendors to determine specifications for purchase of equipment, materials, and parts and ensure products purchased meet specifications and quality standards.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and capacities.
- Participate in project meetings to report status and ensure projects are advancing on time and on budget.
- Complete project write-ups describing design activities including supporting calculations, testing methodologies, results, alternatives considered, reasons for rejection, recommendations, and financial justification.
WHAT WE SEEK
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- 1-3 years' experience in an Engineering role in a manufacturing environment.
- Practical knowledge of production processes and equipment.
- Proven record of accomplished projects with increasing responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Quality inspection and engineering techniques.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Strong analytical and hands-on problem-solving skills.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of materials/applications (plastics, metals, electrical).
- Experience with SolidWorks or other 3D CAD applications, general proficiency with standard office software, and ability to quickly adapt to ERP systems.
- A positive, collaborative mindset with a passion for results.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package including:
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, and more.
- 401(k) plan with matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of next 2%)
- Health and wellness programs
- Gym Reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- Generous product discounts
- Company sponsored FUN events!
In the pursuit of product excellence, Fluidra takes its corporate values to heart. We implement these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, team work, learn and adapt, excellence and Innovation.