The Manual Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for QA on our mobile delivery platform. This individual will interact with business teams and software engineers to refine requirements, thoroughly test changes, drive automation as a core competency, and support software releases, using proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Take ownership of software quality, using industry best practices for automation and manual testing
- Actively participate in scrum meetings, iteration planning, feature demos, as well as write and execute software test plans and procedures in order to identify software issues and causes
- Working on a product team, communicate testing estimates and status, while continually working toward the removal of software delivery roadblocks
- Advocate use of agile test methodologies, such as behavioral-driven development or test-driven development
- Provide expertise and support to other members of the engineering teams, particularly in resolving discovered issues
- Perform manual testing where automated tests are in development or non-existent
- Create and maintain a database of known test defects
- Collaborate with project team members or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of QA experience, with demonstrable automation background
- Demonstrated experience with front and back end automation tools and techniques
- Experience using Cucumber or similar behavioral-driven development tools
- Automated HTTP/Web/REST testing experience (Selenium, Capybara, Watir, etc)
- Familiarity with Android, Microservice, and Cloud-based systems architecture
- Comfortable and willing to choose manual testing over automation when the circumstances dictate
- Must have demonstrated ability to develop and execute test cases for complex requirements
- Mobile device testing experience, manual and automated
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Familiarity with Android Application design, tools, and ecosystem
- Experience with continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, etc.)
- Self-motivated, driven, resourceful, and able to get things done
- Enjoy working in fast-paced, collaborative, Agile environments responsible for delivering commercial-grade software
- The ability to adapt and learn quickly is a fundamental necessity
Skills & Experience
- Experience working with SQL, NoSQL, and other data storage and retrieval technologies
- Leader of quality automation initiatives inside an organization
- Programming experience with interpreted language (Ruby, Python, Lua, etc)
#LI-RJ1 #LI-Hybrid #LI-Onsite
About Digital Turbine
Digital Turbine is the largest independent mobile growth platform and levels up the landscape for advertisers, publishers, carriers, and OEMs. By integrating a full ad stack with proprietary technology built into devices by wireless operators and OEMs, Digital Turbine supercharges advertising and monetization. As a titan of ad tech, we simplify mobile growth and monetization for publishers and advertisers.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce's Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives!