Whether you've had management experience in the past, or you're looking to make the jump isn't what we're worried about. What we're looking for is someone who has a passion for software development, cares about growing others, and is open minded to trying new things.
Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering and UX teams work remotely, so you'll have the option of working from the comfort of your home or right in our office if you're local. We have regular company-wide events, semi-annual team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
As a Manager of Software Engineering, you'll be responsible for:
- Leading a remote team of Software Engineers to be effective and aligned in the design, development, and maintenance of our software application
- Leading the professional development of your team by working collaboratively with direct reports to identify and develop their talents.
- Being a subject matter expert in your area of technology
- Leading DevOps tasks, code reviews, unit testing, and automated acceptance testing with your team
- Partnering closely with our engineering, product, and business teams to ensure that we are delivering the best possible outcomes for our internal and external customers
Okay, we've laid out what the job is - now are you qualified?
- Helped interview and built diverse and inclusive teams
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile development methodology
- Experience with Golang, Ruby, Java C# or other strongly typed languages
- Familiarity with service-oriented architectures
- Excited about delivering quality and are familiar with unit and acceptance testing frameworks
- Experience with third-party API integrations
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and key/value stores
- Experience with messaging and distributed systems
A few benefits of working at Hireology:
- Unlimited paid time off / mental health days
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance coverage from day one
- Work from anywhere!
- 401(k) with company match
- Hybrid office downtown Chicago
- Award-winning culture
- External learning budget
- Amazing growth opportunities.. and more!
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Hireology is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We support an inclusive workplace where Hireologists excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.