Manager, Software Engineering (Remote) at Moogsoft
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:29 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 12, 2022
There’s a gap between when systems go sideways and when the consequences take hold. In that gap, there’s a narrow opportunity to stave off catastrophe. That is what Moogsoft is for. We are the leader in applying algorithmic intelligence to operational problems. We provide a platform with purpose-built algorithms and automation to help people solve system's failures and we’re present in all industries ranging from the largest in banking, finance, energy, insurance, transportation, entertainment companies in the world to the smallest of startups trying to gain an edge.
As a Manager of Software Engineering, you will help maintain an employee first culture and own the technical roadmap for part of the platform. You will have oversight over all things cloud and optimize the execution for part of our Platform teams, Quality and CI/CD functions within the business. This will entail setting technical direction for automation and balancing the quality and velocity of our engineering team. In addition to leading a team of engineers your expertise will be leveraged for market positioning, feature development reviews and you will have direct input on the product roadmap.
- Be a hands on leader that is both able to guide and able to lean into execution when necessary.
- Help set the direction for improving Developer Efficiency, CI/CD, and Quality for our applications and services in collaboration with the VP of Engineering and Director of Platform Engineering
- Interlock with the Director of Platform Engineering to collect requirements, optimize developer efficiency and improve all aspects of quality
- Coordinate with our Cost Optimization team to drive down the cost of operating our services in the cloud. Manage a team of SREs, SDETs and DevOps engineers to bring out the best our talented team has to offer
- Review gaps in monitoring and quality in order to set a direction to reduce outages and system impacting bugs
- Oversee a robust incident response and blameless post mortem continual improvement process
- Oversee and generating reports of key metrics and SLOs for your teamWork with internal stakeholders to improve Moogsoft’s overall product offering and to provide technical assessment on feasibility of new customer requests when appropriate
- 2+ years experience managing teams as a manager or technical leader
- 2+ years working with cloud service providers (AWS, EKS/K8s Experience preferred)
- 3+ years experience with a modern programming language (Java preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with modern day development practicesFlexibility to handle unique problems in a fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge automating infrastructure deployments (Terraform experience a plus)
- Strong knowledge with configuration management tools (Helm experience a plus)
- Strong experience with performance and test automation Experience with monitoring tools (Grafana, ElasticSearch, Prometheus/Thanos etc.)
- Understanding of MySQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB and Kafka
- Experience in cost reduction methods in providing cloud services
- The ability to work across organizations to help set direction and improve team cohesionStrong understanding of Agile methodology
- An understanding of ITIL methodologies such as Incident, Problem and Change management are nice to have
- Equivalent experience or BS/MS in Computer Science
Moogsoft Perks and Benefits (for US):
- Unlimited vacation and sick day policy
- Competitive salary, 401(k) plan and equity to all employees
- Attractive benefits package, including health and dental coverage
- Opportunity for career development in a fast-paced, progressive company
Moogsoft is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination and harassment against employees, applicants for employment, individuals providing services in the workplace pursuant to a contract, unpaid interns and volunteers based on their actual or perceived: race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics").
More Information on Moogsoft
Moogsoft operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Moogsoft was founded in 2022. It has 140 total employees. To see all 7 open jobs at Moogsoft, click here.
Read Full Job Description