Manager of Software Engineering at Granicus LLC
Are you looking for meaning and purpose in the work you do?
Granicus is a global (remote first) software as a service company building products for the public sector. We digitize government services for all levels of government: city, county, state and federal. We also work with the UK, Canada, Australia and EU.
Examples of our work:
- City of Oakland, California has used Granicus solutions to enhance its transparency and citizen engagement efforts.
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the City of Hurst, Texas was inundated with calls and emails about how to provide donations, dollars or a helping hand, which consumed valuable staff time. They needed a "central source of truth" and an easier way to get vital information to residents before, during and after the hurricane.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) needed an efficient way to improve and increase foster parent recruitment in the state with a 400% over goal result.
Click => Success Stories to learn more about the impactful work we've done in communities across the country and world.
Some quick highlights about us:
- #1 GovTech company
- 22B messages sent annually (22B is not a typo)
- 280M subscribers
- 900+ global employees (300+ on the product team)
- Remote first company, this is not temporary. Should you be seeking an in person or hybrid situation and live near one of our hubs we can accommodate you.
Click => Careers to learn more about working at Granicus.
NOTE: Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
About this role:
- Hiring Manager: Yuliang Ding - Director of Software Engineering - LinkedIn Profile
- Salary Range: $115,000+ plus bonus (starting salary may differ by experience and/or location)
- Interview process: 5-6 steps that can be done in 2 weeks (calendars permitting)
The following is a profile or persona of who we are looking for. If you have many of the characteristics below, and we want to learn more about all your skills, please apply so we can start a conversation.
The Software Engineering Manager at Granicus works to drive our teams to produce excellent software and works with our smart, driven engineers to enable their learning and growth. A Software Engineering Manager at Granicus will embody these values and ensure they are lived and breathed by their team. In addition to our values a Software Engineering Manager will champion practices such as test driven development, knowledge sharing, collective code ownership, and a supportive learning environment.
This role will allow you to write code, mentor engineers, and think strategically. Your ideas about culture, roadmaps, and technical decisions of all sizes will be highly valued. Our Software Engineering Manager will love to collaborate on code and high level thinking, think writing tests first is the best, and care deeply about people management.
What You Get To Do
- Be responsible for career development of engineers within your group.
- Perform employee management, including coaching, skills development, and performance assessment.
- Help engineers identify areas for improvement, create plans to improve, and execute improvements.
- Act as point person for hiring process for your level.
- Operate as an individual contributor on an engineering scrum team.
- Collaborate with Scrum Masters to ensure process efficiency and improve current process.
- Own and evangelize development team values.
- Execute tactically and provide proper context to the team.
- Focus on long term vision and ensure technical decisions work to enable Granicus' future.
- Ensure shared development team responsibilities are handled.
- Make significant contributions outside of the Product Organization as a resource to other areas of Granicus.
- Represent the Granicus Development team within Granicus and (when called upon) to clients outside of Granicus.
- Experience with and passion for the agile development process.
- Ability to mentor engineers of all levels
- Full stack engineering experience on Microsoft .NET tech stack.
- Ability to learn new technologies and help bring your team up to speed on them.
- Comfort when navigating a large legacy code base and ability to spin up a new project for greenfield development.
- Proven leadership skills and proven ability to execute on projects.
- Experience collaborating with all the different departments needed to make software to run from Customer Support, to Operations and Platform Engineering.
- Interest in the technology challenges faced by government offices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.