DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.The Role:
DailyPay is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing Platform Engineering Team! The Engineering Manager will utilize technical skills to build service oriented architecture that is highly scalable & available to maintain DailyPay’s leading role in the early wage access industry.
The mission of the Platform Engineering Team is critical for continuous development and success of our products. The Engineering Manager should be able to understand, enhance and build complicated workflows.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Providing coaching, mentorship, and career development to a team of software developers.
- Closely collaborating on product strategy with your Product Manager, and working with them to manage and prioritize the product backlog.
- Seeing opportunities for team member’s professional development and collaborating with the right partners to make it happen.
- Anticipating future people requirements and partnering with the People & Talent to recruit, evaluate, and hire great new team members.
- Providing performance feedback and complete performance evaluations for the team.
- Providing informal performance feedback on a frequent basis, recognizing achievement and flagging opportunities for growth.
- Providing advice and assistance to teams on technical difficulties that arise in the course of doing their work.
- Use your technical experience to identify and mitigate risk such as scalability, performance, security, compliance, operational readiness, etc.
- Knowing the latest in the development tools and technologies used at DailyPay.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Communicate with partners, product managers/owners, other technologists, and users to create software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
Intelligent, motivated and thoughtful? Keep reading. You have:
- 3+ years experience leading a software development team.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience leading, coaching, and motivating Agile/Lean teams.
- Experience attracting, hiring, developing and retaining software engineers.
- Experience relentlessly pursuing and maintaining high quality while delivering on tight schedules.
- Collaborating effectively with all areas of the business including Product Management, Customer Support, Accounting, People & Talent, etc.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to disagree, argue your case with data, and commit to deliver regardless of the outcome of the disagreement.
- Experience evaluating capability needs and suitability of initiatives against the strategy.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms.
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
No sponsorship is available for this position.
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, DailyPay requires all colleagues holding in-office positions, or who will be attending any in-person company meetings, be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus unless there is a documented and approved medical or religious accommodation. As a condition of employment, prior to your start date, you will be required to submit proof of your vaccine status.
DailyPay is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable culture of belonging, grounded in empathy and respect, which values openness to opinions, awareness of lived experiences, fair treatment and access for all. We strive to build and develop diverse teams to create an organization where innovation thrives, where the full potential of each person is engaged, and their views, beliefs and values are integrated into our ways of working.
We welcome people of all backgrounds to join us on our mission*. If you require reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the recruitment process, please send a request to [email protected] All requests for accommodation will be addressed as confidentially as practicable.
*DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.