Manager, Software Engineering at Linus Health
We are a human-centered digital health company that seeks to radically improve brain health outcomes by leveraging cutting-edge technology and machine learning to unlock precision brain health for as many people as possible. While we are steadfastly focused on individuals’ brain health, we believe that meaningful outcomes can only be achieved within an ecosystem of care that actively includes and engages physicians, professionals and caregivers. We are a team of 70+, embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading…
Please note that while we are remote at the moment, this person must be located in either the US or Canada(Toronto). Ideally we are looking to hire this person near one of our three main hubs; Toronto, San Diego, Boston. We are not able to provide sponsorship for any of our positions at the moment.
What You’ll do:
- Lead and support a team of direct reports across the engineering organization, holding 1-on-1s, and mentoring junior team members
- Establish goals for direct reports, monitoring progress against goals, and participating in the review process
- Foster a spirit of teamwork, cohesiveness, appreciation of diversity, and working effectively together to enable each team member and the engineering organization as a whole to be successful
- Establish best practices for software engineering, release, and quality including adherence to agile practices CI/CD, and testing
- Help facilitate project managers who are running agile ceremonies and coordinating with product management and development teams
- Establish roadmaps, track releases, identify dependencies, highlight blockers and report on progress
- Foster an environment that promotes the creation of quality code and meticulous quality control
- Develop, track and monitor engineering metrics data for strategic planning such as scrum velocity
- Support documentation of architecture, compliance, testing, and specific project specifications
- Support product development as needed, mediating engineering discussions to reach consensus on technical direction
- Work cross functionally with product, data science, business development, customer success, clinical and finance teams to design and execute an engineering roadmap
- Create transparency through regular, open communication, both with direct reports and with upper management
- A Computer Science, Physics, Math, Engineering, Business or similar BA/BS degree
- Demonstrated success supporting and leading software engineering teams
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills, and a passion for mentoring
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Proven experience in a start-up or smaller fast paced environment where priorities are shifting on the fly
What We Offer:
- As a health and wellness company, an opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognoses of people’s mental and brain health trajectory
- A mission driven environment where all 50+ employees strive to exemplify our core values every day
- Competitive compensation packages that include an annual discretionary target bonus incentive as well as valuable equity
- Unlimited PTO -- We know this can work both ways, however our leadership team does an excellent job at encouraging people to take PTO
- A sincere and deep appreciation for the importance of mental health. We have recently implemented a “monthly flex day” where employees are encouraged to take time away from work to rest, recharge & reset.
- A peer-to-peer recognition program: Celebrating our employees’ hard work and success is in our DNA!
- Employee Referral Incentive program
- A robust healthcare package that includes medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a 401(k) program where Linus will match up to 6% of employee contributions
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.