WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Technology is at the core of what we do. Basis Technologies innovative Engineering team designs and develops new features and integrations for Basis, our industry-leading, comprehensive software solution. Our platform processes over 300 billion events per day and uses machine learning to automate and simplify the entire digital campaign process.
This team is all about data—and in order to create value from the massive amount of data we collect, engineering leverages their dynamic Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams to create insights that benefit the industry as a whole.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
This position on our Apps team will be responsible for managing a team of Software Engineers in addition to being the Technical Lead of a cross-functional product development team. You will be responsible for supporting and growing the Engineers you manage by building trust, providing guidance, and lending feedback. You’ll also be leading a cross-functional team responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of mission-critical features for our core customer base. Other ways you will contribute to the team are by:
- Collaborating closely with Product, Design, QA, and other cross-functional disciplines to build great solutions to complex digital advertising problems
- Contributing technically by leading architecture discussions, code reviews, and feature development
- Working on projects spanning our entire stack, including our React UI, Rails middle-tier, Java services, and databases
- Hiring top Software Engineering talent for your team
- Building and extending Basis Technologies culture of growth and self-improvement. We expand our skills with lightning talks, lunch-and-learns, book clubs, and the occasional fun programming exercise
- Embodying and promoting diversity, equity and inclusion policies among Engineering staff and the company as a whole
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with 2+ years of management experience
- Hands-on experience planning and building production-level applications leveraging a modern web software stack
- A passion for supporting, mentoring, and growing the engineering on your team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Excited by a fast-paced product development environment
- Strong grasp of data modeling complex business domains, microservice architecture, API design, SQL, and data pipelines
OUR TECH STACK
- PostgreSQL, MySql, Redis, MongoDB
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Kafka, RabbitMQ
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.