Manager Software Engineering (Mobile) (Remote and Hybrid) at The Walt Disney Company
successful candidate will lead the development of quality code for multiple Disney SDKs and
applications, and will define and enforce coding standards and development best practices. The
Manager, Software Engineering owns the technical implementation of projects and is expected to
provide training, guidance, and mentorship to other members of the team, as well as help advise on technical strategy and architecture.
- Lead the development of new and existing Disney SDKs and applications for multiple platforms, from conceptualization to launch.
- Lead the development of quality code using cutting-edge techniques, tools, and utilities.
- Lead the technical implementation of projects and help guide decisions on technical strategy, architecture, tools, and utilities.
- Lead, train, guide, and mentor other developers on the team.
- Research, test, and implement new techniques, frameworks, and utilities.
- Help define and enforce development and design standards and best practices for other developers.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define new product requirements, features, and functionality.
- Lead development efforts with 3rd party vendors.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies, and be prepared to apply them quickly.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing cross-functional software engineering teams in an agile software development lifecycle.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on professional engineering experience with digital platforms, including mobile (iOS mobile, Android mobile, Apple TV, Android TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Roku)
- Experience working on a significant consumer app that is currently available in marketplace
- Demonstrated experience developing applications.
- Solid understanding of data models and data access architecture and optimization.
- Strong understanding of multi-tier architectures, and OO design patterns and concepts.
- Strong understanding of server-side software, scalability, performance, and reliability.
- A sound understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services is required.
- Must demonstrate solid organization and communication skills.
- Experience working with 3rd party consent management platforms like OneTrust or similar.
- Experience working with 3rd party tag management platforms like mParticle, Segment, Ensighten, or similar.
- Experience working with analytics and big data
Basic Qualifications :
BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
Additional Information :