Join the team as our next Manager, Software Engineering - Identity,Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to help us build an Identity and Access Management platform our customers will love. They will manage a team of Software Engineers focused on mission critical, high-scale, globally distributed, IAM products. Additionally, this person will play a key role in building and defining team culture and strategy for our global IAM organization. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, who drives technical, operational and testing excellence, and is experienced with a variety of cloud technologies and *always* considers the customer's trust as the most important feature we ship.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Own the success of your team, from operations to people and processes.
- Value and promote honesty and transparency on your team and throughout the organization.
- Identify opportunities to innovate where there is no instruction book to guide you.
- Recognize that your team's success is your success and a large part of what you do is empower them to build great things.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You are a leader who can influence the technical direction of a team, but you understand that your primary mission is growing a great engineering team.
- You are experienced in software engineering, especially in distributed/cloud systems and can empathize/represent the engineers you will work with.
- You use agile methodologies and believe in constant incremental improvements.
- You are a leader that serves your team, empowers them, inspires them, and helps them grow, but knows when to hold them accountable as well.
- You believe in building a culture of learning, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- You are deeply committed to helping customers be successful.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
- 1+ years of engineering management experience.
- Experience with IAM protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SCIM.
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing and verification.
- Experience with JWTs.
This role will be based in our Madrid office or remotely in Spain.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.