Manager, Software Engineering DevOps at OCC (Dallas, TX)
This candidate will use independent judgement for directing, managing, planning, and administrating a team responsible for developing tools and CI/CD framework that accelerate development, testing, and deployment of applications. The candidate must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and
proactively engage in technical decision making to achieve objectives. This individual will be a team player and work well with business, technical and non-technical professionals in an agile environment
- Responsible development, management, and implementation of a CI/CD framework to make it easier for teams to build, configure and deploy.
- The team you lead is responsible for building the tools only. There is a separate run/operate DevOps team that supports what your team builds.
- Collaborate with Architecture and DevOps teams across pillars to build automation tools
- Conduct architecture assessments and define solutions
- Contribute to and/or lead teams and processes to achieve strategic goals.
- Monitor project status and take remedial action on projects behind schedule and/or over budget
- Present status reports to clients and key internal stakeholders.
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of systems the team builds
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Manage a team
- Direct work of staff and conduct appropriate personnel actions (hiring, promotions, terminations, etc.) when necessary
- Communicate and advise staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods and software change issues
- Prepare and conduct employee reviews as well as monitor progress to satisfy employee management goals
- Promote employees development by conducting career-planning sessions and scheduling employee training classes, conferences, and seminars
- Ensure that proper funding is added to the departmental budget
- 7+ years of development experience in a cloud environment
- 5+ years experience in people management
- 3+ years experience building CI/CD pipelines and tooling development.
- Hands-on experience working in Agile and DevOps cultures, focusing on process improvement and automation.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter - takes the initiative to research, learn, and deliver. Anticipates the play.
- Team player - humble, collaborative, and focused on making sure the entire team succeeds.
- 4 + years programming experience developing in Python and/or Java (with at least one year Python)
- 4+ years experience using DevOps and CI/CD processes and toolsets like GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Harness
- Experience with containers like Docker
- Experience with Terraform (Enterprise preferred)
- [Desired} Working knowledge of Kubernetes & Helm
- [Desired] Experience working in a AWS environment
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Certificates and Licenses
- Relevant industry certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect Associate or similar are a plus.
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC , please click here .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer