PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
Are you passionate about high quality and have an eye for detail? Would you like to help ensure PlayStation software runs smoothly for developers and users? Do you want your work to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time?
Sony PlayStation’s SDK development group is looking for a motivated and creative hands-on manager to be responsible for an advanced testing team, who can also develop creative tests and tools to verify PlayStation Audio and Video software’s functionality and features.Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for all aspects of managerial responsibilities by managing a team of SDET engineers for day to day PlayStation SDK testing activities.
- Drive staffing and recruitment effort by hiring engineers to grow our agile development engineering culture.
- Organize and lead meetings, knowledge-sharing, and guidance to grow your engineers.
- Work with development teams and partners to develop test strategy and craft test plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Keep up to date with the developments in the latest engineering and technology, including attendance at conferences, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Lead the team to build test applications and automation test scripts for all levels of Audio and Video API verification efforts by using C/C++ and Python.
- Lead code reviews and establish coding standards for the best software development.
- Design and build infrastructure for build and test automation. Typically this infrastructure will be built using Python.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent (MS CS is preferable)
- Proficient C/C++ and Python programming experience (2 years min.)
- Shown success in leading software development and/or development testing teams.
- Experience with different version control systems ex: Git, SVN, Perforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent development and debugging tools experience on Windows.
- Prior experience with PlayStation SDK development is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with different Audio and Video standards/technology is desirable for example spatial audio technology.
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or BuildBot.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.