Manager, Site Reliability Engineering at Chewy (Miami, FL)
Chewy is looking for a Manager, Site Reliability Engineering in either Bellevue, WA, Boston, MA, Minneapolis, MN or South Florida. As the Manager of SRE at Chewy, you’ll manage a team of SRE’s while focusing on the core operating principals of the SRE org. This includes the delivery of applications from development to production, providing a framework of reliability, and enabling the SRE’s to be successful in optimizing and sustaining the growth of Chewy IT.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of engineers and operation of Chewy’s public and private cloud platforms and the shared services which support said platforms
- Provide the framework of reliability that can be measured and reported to our customers with the proper processes in place to scale
- Play a vital role in major incidents by leading mitigation of said incidents
- Provide a framework in which processes and manual intervention is automated and optimized
- Provide technical leadership to your team and the broader Chewy organization while working with the Application partner customers to understand the firm’s current and future needs and to drive associated backlogs for execution by your teams
- Support the implementation and management of the Chewy platform standards to bring application to production
- Partner with other groups in IT Operations, including Platform, Performance Engineering, and Operational leaders to build, improve, and solidify the Site Reliability core objectives
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams and organizational boundaries
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of IT Operations and software development objectives
- Work with others in IT Management to drive best practices in platform development, deployment, and management
- Position may require some travel (20%)
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in the Site Reliability, or DevOps equivalent field
- Proven ability to lead teams across multiple locations/geographies
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS, and the supporting technologies
- Knowledge of Service Level Objectives, and measuring reliability of services
- Highly motivated to research and self-study to keep technical, business, and leadership skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Position may require travel
- Bachelor’s Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Deep knowledge of cloud technologies, networking, and security
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Experience building systems with micro services and/or deep knowledge of SOA
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.