As the Manager of Mobile App Engineering you will guide your teams to drive high-quality technical execution and operational excellence in the delivery of Android and iOS software apps. The Manager of Mobile App Engineering team will create compelling user experiences that drive high user engagement and audience growth while maximizing monetization potential. Come join us in pushing the limits of advertising technology within the scope of compelling news and information apps.
The Manager of Mobile App Engineering will have responsibility over several client development teams that currently focus primarily on Android with some iOS app opportunities as well. The engineers are organized into agile, cross-functional teams that cover the full software development lifecycle. We are seeking a hands-on manager will be supervise, coach, and manage performance of the client app teams while taking on some portion of engineering tasks themselves.
Key Responsibilities of the Manager of Mobile App Engineering:
- Work closely with 2-3 small teams of Android (and some iOS) engineers on a daily basis
- Performance planning, mentoring, and professional development coaching of staff software engineers
- Collaborate with other team stakeholders (backend engineering, Dev Ops, product management, QA) for maximum effectiveness
- Review architectures, designs, code changes, and ensure overall app quality
- Help to solve the most difficult or complex problems of the team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize new software products and feature
- Leverage and implement industry best practices to maximize software development performance, efficiency, and quality
Job Requirements of the Manager of Mobile App Engineering:
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- Experience leading a small team
- Previous work with OOP, Kotlin, Java and Git
- Experience with Firebase Cloud Messaging, Analytics, Crashlytics
- Familiar with consuming web services and using RESTful APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education
Preferred Experience of the Manager of Mobile App Engineering:
- Familiar with Agile software practices
- Knowledge of CI/CD practices
- Familiar with computer networking concepts
- Experience with TDD and Junit
- Ability to thrive in a distributed, collaborative, and team-oriented environment.
- Familiar with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure
- Familiar with iOS app development and hybrid mobile apps
About Digital Turbine
Digital Turbine is the largest independent mobile growth platform and levels up the landscape for advertisers, publishers, carriers, and OEMs. By integrating a full ad stack with proprietary technology built into devices by wireless operators and OEMs, Digital Turbine supercharges advertising and monetization. As a titan of ad tech, we simplify mobile growth and monetization for publishers and advertisers.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce's Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives!