Manager, Growth Engineering at Samsara (Atlanta, GA or Remote)
Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
The Growth Engineering team is uniquely positioned between Sales, Marketing, and Product to scale Samsara’s customer acquisition efforts. We directly influence Samsara’s revenue and are constantly seeking ways to improve our bottom line.
We are looking for a strong, forward-thinking Software Engineering Manager to lead Software Engineers who are passionate about driving the growth of our business. Engineers within Samsara’s Growth organization are responsible for building products that drive customer acquisition, activation and conversion. We strongly believe in an experimentation driven approach to deliver results, quickly.
If you’re excited about leading a team that’s working on driving customer acquisition and working with our cross-functional partners (Sales, Marketing, Product, Support, and more) then this opportunity is a great fit!
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team and help them prioritize, build, and ship the most impactful features to our prospects and customers
- Define, foster and support a consistent software development process
- Conduct regular 1-1s and drive collaborative performance reviews
- Drive roadmapping discussions and collaborate with our partners across the organization to influence the direction of our initiatives in a manner that best serves our customers
- Perform code reviews and ensure proper design and delivery of major features
- Contribute to the code(!) - we are looking for a hands-on manager who is excited to also work on our interesting challenges anywhere from backend work in Python to our front end work in Vue
- Build your team, both through internal development and external hiring
- Improve yourself as a leader by learning with and from other leaders across Samsara, Samsara’s internal leadership development frameworks, and through your own self-directed learning
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 6+ years experience in software engineering
- Has experience leading full-stack product development teams
- Understands the value of team culture, communication, and collaboration
- Experience developing individual contributors based on their needs and interests as well as the needs of the company
- Ability to partner with different parts of the organization to identify and solve major business problems
An ideal candidate also has:
- Has experience building, delivering, and managing large scale customer facing products
- Has interest in understanding our users and what would make their day to day processes easier to manage
- Familiarity with front end frameworks such as Vue, Vuex
- Strong programming skills in Python
- AWS knowledge and expertise
- Experience working with content management, payment or account management systems such as Contentful, Stripe and Salesforce
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.